shigaraki///kandi bracelets

((( SOMEone was poking fun at my kandi bracelet the other day *cough* ToastyBaconBits *cough* and talking about how Shiggy would probably make a bracelet misspelling his name and, of course, my mind went well, goddammit Corey you've gotta fucking write that! So I did. Enjoy! <3 )))
(((Update I wrote this a year ago and didn't know that kandi (as in bracelet) was spelled that way. i thought it was spelled the same as the word candy and now im deeply embarrassed lmao)))

Shigaraki was surprised to find that he liked making kandi bracelets. It was tedious, but it didn't require all of his fingers so he didn't end up disintegrating anything (at least, not very often...) and it was something he and his boyfriend could do together. He was a bit unsure that day when you had dragged him into his room and handed him bracelet-making supplies, but he found it to be rather fun now.

He also liked making bracelets for you to wear. It made him happy to see his boyfriend wearing something he'd made for him. Today he suggested the two of you make bracelets with each other's nicknames to wear. You had loved the idea and broke out the bracelet kit. Shigaraki sat on your bed as you started playing some music (take your pick I guess, but I'm thinking something chill from like The Neighbourhood or something). You insisted on playing music most of the time, because 1. you love music and 2. you like being able to talk without being overheard by the other members of the league. (We love them bitches but boy, they can be kinda nosy...)

You sat across from Shiggy on the bed and started collecting the necessary letter beads, bopping your head to the music. Shiggy smiled at you; considering how anxious the two of you tended to be, it was nice to just relax and unwind, and of course you were never more chill than when you had some good music. Once you got the beads you needed, it was Shigaraki's turn to search for letters. He calls me Shiggy...but how the hell do you spell that? Shigaraki started to panic a bit as he ran his fingers through the beads, until he finally got an S. He kept going until he spelled SHIGI. That's gotta be close enough, right?

But now he was nervous. What if I spelled it wrong? What if (y/n) doesn't like it? What if-

"You okay, Shiggy? You're looking pretty stressed out for a guy doing arts and crafts," you said with a light laugh.

Shigaraki looked up from the arts and crafts project in question to instead see you watching him with an amused look on your face. "I'm fine," Shiggy replied, focusing again on his unfinished bracelet.

This two-word phrase worried you; everyone knows 'I'm fine' is the biggest but simplest of lies.

You decided to give Shiggy the benefit of the doubt and continue your bracelet without further comment. After a few more minutes you were done stringing beads, and carefully tied your finished product. "You done, Shigs?"

Shigaraki fumbled with the string as he tried to tie his own bracelet. "Uh, yeah. Just trying to tie the damn thing..."

"You need help, sweetie?" It used to annoy the shit out of Shigaraki when you called him sweetie, but he eventually grew to like it (he'd never admit it though).

"I can tie it, just gimme a minute." After a little while more, he finally got the bracelet tied! Excited, he immediately reached across the bed to slide it onto your wrist.

You looked down at the bracelet, seeing he'd used your favorite colors. Then you see how he spelled his nickname. "Uh, Shiggy? You know it's spelled -ggy, not -gi ?"

He looked at you to gauge your feelings, afraid you didn't like the bracelet, but was relieved that you seemed only to be amused. "(Y/n) you know I can't fucking spell."

You leaned over to give him a quick kiss. "I know. It's fine, I really like the bracelet, it's super cute! I think it's better like this anyway, since this is how you spell your name! Here," you said, putting your bracelet on his arm. He looked down to see the blue and white beads surrounding his nickname for you, baby boy. "Do you like yours?"

He grinned at you, pulling you into a hug. "Of course I like it, baby boy. Thank you for making it for me."

"No problem! But now you've gotta wear it."

"I will. All the time."

"Until it breaks."

"Then you can just make me another one."