Dabi///i fall apart

(No pronouns used for reader. This one's a little..unorthodox...and short...but I hope you guys like it!)

I fall apart at your touch

The touch of your skin makes me feel alive

I need you like I've never needed anything else before 

Your love sends me into oblivion

"It's so hard, trying to be strong all the time.."

"It's okay, Dabi. You don't have to be strong for me."

I fall apart

When you say you love me

Because I'm afraid I don't deserve it

"Why do you love me?"

"What's not to love?"

It wasn't often that Dabi let himself show emotions- at least, not any that would make him seem vulnerable. He didn't want to be pitied, y'know? He wanted to be revered, especially by you. 

Tell me you love me

Even if I could never understand why

I want to hear you say it

I want to watch your lips form the words

I want to kiss the "I love you's" from your mouth

I just want to kiss you, really 

You knew what he was doing, of course, how he was keeping a brave face for you.

You tried to tell him it wasn't necessary.

"Dabi, it's okay to be hurting. It's okay to have feelings, y'know?"

He shook his head. "Relax, (y/n), I'm fine. Really!"

You hugged him suddenly, surprising him. "Just know you can talk to me. I want you to talk to me, Dabi."

"Don't worry so much, (y/n)." He hugged you back, of course, laying his head on your shoulder. "I'm fine, so long as I have you."

It's funny how one person can become your whole world 

How the thought of them is enough to keep you going 

Even when you feel like falling apart 

I feel like I'm falling apart 

You'd heard him crying that night, when everyone else was asleep. "Dabi?" You whispered, peeking in the doorway to his bedroom. "Can I come in?"

He didn't respond, as he was still quietly crying, but he didn't object when you entered the room and hugged him tightly, his back pressed against your chest. You lay your head against his shoulder, words of reassurance whispered against his skin like leaves in a fall breeze.

He turned so he could bury his face in your chest, his arms wrapped tightly around you and his fingers clung to the back of your shirt. "It's okay, babe, we'll be okay," you uttered, rubbing his back gently. 

"I'm sorry," he said, "I'm sorry if I woke you."

"Nah, I couldn't sleep anyway. Don't worry about me. Do you want to talk about what's going on?"

He shook his head, his spiky black hair tickling you. "That's fine," you told him. "But if you ever need to, you know you can. Right?"

He nodded, turning so his teary blue eyes could meet yours. "I trust you, (y/n). I just..I don't want to talk about it. Not right now. Okay?"

"Okay."

I wanna say what's on my mind

But I don't know how

You wrap your arms around me and say it's okay

But it isn't okay

I'm not okay

I'm so weak...

Dabi woke up feeling a pair of arms around his middle. He looked up to see your face relaxed in the way only sleeping people's faces could ever be. Your lips parted, shaping themselves around a single word, "Dabi.."

"Oh. I thought you were asleep.."

You hugged him tighter, burying your face in his thick hair. "Don't leave me, Dabi. Please."

"Why would I leave you?"

You're the only thing holding me together

And tearing me apart at the same time

You make me feel...so vulnerable 

But I wouldn't want a life without you