Mugging

Izuku was mugged a lot. It could have been that he just had that kind of innocent face that made criminals and bullies think he was an easy target.

  As they all soon found out, Izuku was no pushover.

  He was mugged so often that the police investigated him for vigilantism, but they soon found that he was just really unlucky.

  Or really lucky, at least from Izuku's point of view.

  He was currently pinned against a wall, a knife to his throat.

  "Try to move and you die, you got that?" The man asked.

  A trickle of blood dripped down Izuku's neck. He smiled.

  "An eye for an eye..."

  A minute later and Izuku was leaving the alleyway and calling the police.

  "It's me. Yes, it's the same alleyway as yesterday. I know, I'm sorry. He's unconscious. I don't know, he just collapsed! Yeah, I got grazed by his knife, but I'm fine. See you in a minute Tsukauchi."

  Izuku put his phone away, sitting on the curb. A single police car pulled up, and one man stepped out.

  "You're pretty lucky that your quirk is more powerful than your mother's. If you could only pull things closer, you wouldn't be able to get out of these situations." Naomasa said.

  Izuku nodded.

  "I know. I'm like the perfect unwilling vigilante."

  The mugger was bundled into the back of the police car.

  "I actually recognise him, we've been after this guy for a while! He's been slipping through our fingers because of his quirk. Some kind of heightened Intelligence we think. Anyway, I'll drive you home. You're bound to get into at least three more muggings before reaching the end of the street."

  Izuku nodded, getting into the passenger side of Tsukauchi's car.

  Izuku waved to the detective as he drove away, walking back up to his apartment.

  Izuku greeted his mother, reassuring her that he was fine. He went upstairs and sighed, flopping onto his bed.

  "Entrance exams tomorrow..." He muttered.

  Izuku was excited for the UA entrance exams. He wanted to become a hero, more than anything else. He was actually friends with UA's principal, Nezu.

  Izuku turned to his computer, bringing up his emails.

  "Speak of the devil.." he muttered.

  Hybrid enigma: Greetings once again my friend, how have you been the past week?

  Izuku smiled, typing out a reply.

  Analytical bunny: I've been well, although I have missed our chats.

  Hybrid enigma: I have also missed this. I'm happy to say that all preparations for the entrance exams have been finished, so we will be able to resume our regular schedule.

  Analytical bunny: excellent news. Any tips?

  Izuku chuckled darkly to himself. They had made a game of finding the other's true identity. It took Izuku a week to find out his friend was the smartest being on the planet. Nezu still hadn't found who 'Analytjcal bunny' really was.

  Hybrid enigma: oh of course, you're a student! I really should have pieced that together by now.

  Analytical bunny: you really should Nezu.

  Hybrid enigma: I'll be keeping an eye out for you tomorrow.

  Analytical bunny: just so you know, I will pass both exams into the hero course. You just need to figure out whether I scored the highest as I should, or scored lower to throw you off.

  Hybrid enigma: a bet then?

  Analytical bunny: I'm listening.

  Hybrid enigma: if I find who you are before.. let's say the sports festival, you must concede the competition.

  Analytical bunny: winner takes all? Interesting. Very well. However, if I win this bet on top of the original competition.. no school for class 1A for an extra week after the sports festival.

  Hybrid enigma: such high stakes? I could get in trouble for that from a certain grumpy homeroom teacher.

  Analytical bunny: you're the one that lifted them first. An eye for an eye.

  Hybrid enigma: so you like to say.. very well. I'll take those odds.

  Nezu left shortly after their weekly chess match, which Izuku won, adding to his increasing score of 63 to 45, in Izuku's favour.

  Izuku headed downstairs at his mother's call, sitting down for dinner.

  "How was school today? Did anything good happen?" Inko asked.

  Izuku shook his head.

  "Today was pretty normal. I am excited for the entrance exams though."

  Inko laughed.

  "I think we both know you'll pass just fine."

  Izuku nodded, wolfing down his food.

  Tomorrow was going to be fun.