An Eye for Something Else

Aizawa walked in to homeroom and was pleasantly surprised when everyone was already in their seats and waiting for him.

  "Good, you've learned. Anyway, you'll be doing something important today.."

  The class tensed up.

  "You'll be picking a class representative." He said with a dead expression.

  Izuku winced as practically everyone leapt into the air, clamouring to be chosen for the position.

  "I don't care how you choose, just do it before homeroom ends, I have another announcement." Aizawa said, squatting in the corner of the room for a quick nap.

  Iida quickly quieted the shouting, and proposed an idea.

  "How about we vote? I know we do not know eachother very well, but doesn't that prove that anyone with more votes is best suited to the position?"

  The class agreed with his reasoning, and everyone wrote their vote on a slip of paper. Izuku voted for Iida.

  "And the results are.. Midoriya in first, with 5 votes, and Yayorozu in second with 3 votes. That means Midoriya is class rep, and Yayorozu is vice rep."

  "Who the hell voted for Deku??" Bakugo screamed.

  "It's better than voting for you!" A blonde boy with a lightning streak said.

  Izuku sighed.

  *I'm not cut out for class rep!!*

  Aizawa stood back up at the podium.

  "Alright, now that that is over with.. you'll be going off campus to a special facility supervised by myself, All Might and one other hero for rescue training tomorrow morning. That will be all."

  Izuku sighed, placing his tray on the table next to Uraraka, opposite Iida.

  "I don't know if I'm the right person for class representative.." he said, slumping down in his seat.

  Uraraka laughed.

  "You were amazing in the battle trial, and you came first in the entrance exams! I'm sure you'll do amazing!" She said.

  Iida nodded in agreement.

  "I agree, that is why I voted for you after all." He said.

  Izuku sighed, looking down into his katsudon bowl.

  A piercing alarm cut off any further conversation.

  "Warning, this is a level three alarm."

  Panic quickly spread amongst the students in the cafeteria.

  Iida caught the arm of an upperclassman.

  "What is level three?" He asked.

  "It means someone has broken onto the main campus, this has never happened in all my years here!" He said, pulling away.

Izuku was squashed between the window and a crowd of bodies.

  The greenette frowned at the chaos outside.

  "Are they reporters? How did they get in? Some kind of disintegration quirk it looks like.. the gate is just a pile of ash.. but would a reporter really risk losing their job by using such an easy to identify quirk? Then it's someone else. Why the main gate though? Why not burrow under or through a section of the wall? It's a distraction. They're on campus, looking for something in particular.. a student? Information?" Izuku muttered to himself.