Chapter 3

hAhA eDiT: i fixed the end bc it said face and i forgot dream has a mask on 😀✌️

"Well, nice to meet you Ranboo, let's get you out of here," Techno nodded to the others, "let's try again."

Techno and Wilbur took their places on either side of the tree, "okay, lift everyone!"

The tree lifted much higher this time, and Karl was able to grab Ranboo. They sst the tree down, Dream, Sapnap, George, and Wilbur took a minute to catch their breath.

Techno approached the boy, who was struggling to get up.

"Wait!" Karl was gazing at Ranboo's ankle anxiously, "I think your ankle's broken."

"What does that mean?" Ranboo asked, his eyes glittered with worry at Karl's anxiousness.

"Oh, it just means like, a bone in your ankle is broken. So you shouldn't walk on it," Sapnap explained, "nothing too big to worry about."

"Oh," Ranboo breathed, staring at his ankle, "well, thank you for helping me," he shifted over to the nearest tree, and started to use the vines to get up.

"Um... Did you not just hear what I said?" Sapnap asked, kind of annoyed. "...Yeah?" Ranboo replied as Dream leapt forward to catch the boy if he fell.

"Where are you going?" George went to the other side of Ranboo.

"I'm not quite... sure," Ranboo then paused, leaning against the tree.

"Then you'll come back to our village," Techno decided, "we have healers to mend your ankle."

"Oh, no thank-" Ranboo went to decline, but Techno just put a hand up to shush him, "no, that was not a suggestion."

The boy hung his head as Techni continued, "Dream and George will help you, come on now, it looks like it's going to rain."

"R-rain?" Ranboo peered at the sky, frightened. They looked at him weirdly, and he shuddered, "I hate rain."

With Dream and George supporting Ranboo on either side of him, they slowly made their way out of the swamp.

When they finally got to the village, Karl suggested they brung him to his place, since he was a healer.

"Are you comfortable?" Karl asked Ranboo, who was lying on a small cot, and he nodded, "thank you."

"I'm going to take my boys back to the castle, they'll check in later," Techno said before ushering Sapnap and Dream out of Karl's house.

"I'll stay here, if you don't mind, Karl." Karl smiled at George before turning to a cupboard.

"Do you live alone?" George looked around, wondering where his parents were.

"I do," Karl grabbed some bandages and turned to Ranboo.

"Oh..." George began twiddling his thumbs.

"Technoblade offered to take me in, where he'd train me to fight, but..." Karl trailed off.

"This is gonna hurt," he told Ranboo, and place his hands on his ankle in different spots.

"Why?" Ranboo asked before Karl snapped his ankle, putting it back in place, and the boy let out a little scream.

"Sorry, I had to like... un-break it if that makes sense," Karl took the bandages, beginning to wrap Ranboo's ankle.

After he was done he turned to George, "but I'm a healer, not a fighter. Not like Sapnap and Dream. I tried to learn, but I wasn't any good at it."