Chapter 16

Tears slowly ran down George's face as he ran over to his best friend, grabbing him into a hug that almost knocked him over, "I thought you were dead, or I was never gonna see you again, or find you or-"

Dream hushed him, rubbing the brunette's back comfortingly, "hey, it's okay, I'm here now."

"Do you have others with you?" George asked, reluctantly letting go of Dream. The blond wiped his friend's tears away, a small smile on his face as he nodded, "yes, Techno, Sapnap, and-"

"Sapnap?" Karl leapt up, staring intently at Dream, and he nodded, "yeah!"

Karl spun around to face Tubbo and Ranboo, his voice filled with distrust and disbelief, "you told me he was dead!"

"Well that's because that's what we were told!" Ranboo explained, backing up as Karl glared at him.

"Well he was, I guess? But now he's not. I don't know, but do you want to see him or not?" Dream questioned, and Karl turned, "of course I want to see him!"

As they headed over to Dream's friends campsite, Dream muttered to George, "you guys were going to Alynthi?"

"Yeah... Revenge I guess, but... you're here now so I-" George paused, a lump in his throat. He was going to cry again.

Dream glanced at the brunette, who was fanning his face with his hand, "Georgie..."

"I'm fine!" George tried to sound cheery, but failed. By this time, they had reached the river, and Dream let everyone cross before him, making sure everyone got across.

After he stepped out of the river, he led his friends to their campsite.

Techno was sitting cross legged on the ground, sharpening his sword, Sapnap was beside him, Fundy and Niki were talking quietly by a tree, Philza was staring at the fire, and Bad had fallen asleep on Skeppy's lap.

When Sapnap looked up and saw Dream he smiled, but when he revealed Karl, who was behind him, the raven haired boy jumped up and ran over to his lover.

"Karl!" He pulled the boy into a hug, and Karl sobbed quietly into Sapnap's shoulder, "I thought you were dead!"

"So did everyone else," Sapnap joked, but then in a softer voice, "I missed you so much."

He led Karl over to where he was sitting before.

Techno was staring at the group, "well, I see some familiar faces."

As everyone sat down, the air seemed tense.

"So..." Skeppy glanced at the others around him, "someone mentioned something about killing the king?"

"I don't know, that... seems dangerous?" Niki put in softly.

Techno grunted, "I think we should just go home." The others turned their heads to stare at him.

"We... can't?" Sapnap reminded him, and Techno raised his head a little, "sure we can, we'll just hide out whenever the guards come to the village."

"Or we could take the battle to the source of the problem," a smile grew on George's face, "just think about it. Killing the king."

"Do you think we'd be praised for it?" Skeppy murmured, playing with a tuft of Bad's hair that was sticking up.

"You really just asked if we'd be praised for murder?" Ranboo stared at him incredulously, and Skeppy shrugged, "the king has been causing problems for places he rules over since he started ruling."

"That's true," Tubbo put in, "he's cut my village's food supply in half twice."

"You guys get food from Alynthi?" George raised an eyebrow, "that's strange."

"No, not really. The village is so small and secluded, we can't find resources as easily as others," Tubbo explained and George nodded slowly, leaning his head on Dream's shoulder, "I guess that makes sense."

"Not to mention that people's kids, friends, spouses, and family were sent away to the Nether," Karl put in, a hint of venom in his voice, "people can't be too happy about that."

"Okay, I don't think we should argue about this, it's clear what we have to do-" Fundy started, but was cut off by Techno, "yeah, we have to go home."

"No, we should vote," Fundy finished his sentence, an annoyed look on his face. George's eyes lit up, "that's a great idea!"

Dream cleared his throat, "okay, all in favour of killing the kind, raise your hand."

George, Fundy, Skeppy, Quackity, Wilbur, Philza, Sapnap, Tubbo, Ranboo(after a little bit of hesitation), and Dream raised one of their hands. This left Techno, Niki, Karl, and Bad(who was still sleeping).

"I think it's clear what we're doing then."

WC: 785

Sorry for not updating in a while, I was trying to make sure this chapter didn't contradict anything I've already wrote. 

Also I don't think I'm very happy with this chapter tbh, and I kept wanting to rewrite it, so... but um... enjoy?