Chapter 8

"This... is insane..." Dream peered down at the lava, and Sapnap groaned, "it's also extremely hot."

"That is the 86th time you've said that," Dream looked around.

"It is not?" Sapnap looked at Techno, who was staring off into the distance, "Techno?"

"We are so hopelessly lost," Techno sighed, looking down at Sapnap.

"We have no sense of time either, I wonder how long it's been," BadBoyHalo, or more commonly known as Bad, had put in.

They had found Bad after losing a few of their people, and had decided to trust the boy.

"Well actually," Philza(another person they had found) paused, and then pointed at Dream's hair, "his hair looks much longer than when I first found you guys."

"Okay?" Techno stared at him, "what's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh well, hair normally grows like, half an inch to inch a month right? Well..." He gestured to the blonde boy again.

Sapnap stared at Dream's hair and then nodded, "at least two inches."

"Really?" Dream tugged at a piece of his hair, "that's kind of long."

"Doesn't that mean we've been here for four months?" Sapnap turned to Philza, who nodded.

"Four months too long, I have a boyfriend to get back to," Sapnap crossed his arms.

"How long do they want us here for?" Dream asked, and Techno shrugged, "they said until we discover something new, that's really good and able to be brought back easily."

"Well all we found it mushrooms and weird vines," Bad pointed out, "and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we're running out of food and water."

"Already?" Dream checked his backpack, and realized Bad was right.

"Okay, maybe we should get across there now, instead of chatting," Philza suggested, pointing to the other side of the somewhat floating island of netherack.

"It would be easy if there wasn't lava below it," Sapnap retorted.

"You would still fall to your death," Dream rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, can we go now?" Sapnap stared at the island, and Dream heard him mutter under his breath, "every step is one step closer to Karl."

"Okay, what if we use the vines?" Bad pulled out the thick teal-blue vines out of his backpack.

"I guess those could work," Philza took a particularly large one from Bad, examining it.

"Okay, let's try it."

————

"Hey Karl, I finished these ones," he handed his books to the newly named bookkeeper. The healer had decided he needed something else to keep his mind off of his boyfriend.

"Already? I just gave them to you four days ago," Karl put the books on a shelf behind him, where Ranboo, who also decided to become a bookkeeper(mostly to keep an eye on Karl), would put them away.

"Well, yeah, but I have so much free time now..." George sighed. His mother had suddenly grown sick, and no medicine could save her, so she died.

George had immediately moved into Karl's, not able to stay in his childhood home.

"I suppose," Karl sighed.

George waved his goodbyes, but before leaving, he accidentally bumped into Ranboo.

"Oh, hi George," Ranboo was holding several books in his hands.

"Hi," George smiled weakly.

Suddenly Wilbur rushed into the library, "guys, someone just came through the portal."