Chapter 19

A man walked over to the guards, his chin raised slightly, a sword gripped in his hand. His long pink hair swayed softly behind him, and small smile was on his face.

Yet nothing about this man was happy. He had scores to settle, and he couldn't let his friends and family get caught up in his mistakes.

"Technoblade," the one guard greeted, "it's been a while, hasn't it?"

He grunted, "a year or two."

"Here to see your brother?"

"That man is nothing to me," Techno retorted, "but yes."

"You know how to get to the castle, right?" The guard asked, and Techno nodded. The guard opened the gate, and then grabbed the pink haired man's wrist, "don't do anything stupid."

"I make no promises."

————

"Well we could go in the south wing?" Dream pointed out, "it seems the least protected."

"You'd think that wouldn't you? No, it's just seems that way," Fundy sighed.

"We could just pretend to be visitors you guys, no big entrance or anything?" Karl suggested, and George shrugged, "seems like a good plan to me"

"What if someone recognizes us from when we went to the portal? We'll be put in the dungeon, or worse, killed!" Fundy argued.

"Alynthi is a big kingdom, no one will recognize you," Skeppy rolled his eyes, and Fundy crossed his arms, "I don't know if you noticed, but I have ears and a tail!"

The two boys glared at each other, and Niki put her hand on Fundy's shoulder, "we could hide your ears and tail?"

"Yeah, how?"

Philza took off his hat, offering it to Fundy. Niki took it and put it on the boy's head, looking around.

"Wait..." Dream grabbed a sweater out of his backpack, tying it around Fundy's waist, and tucked his tail instead the sweater pocket.

"There!" Niki smiled, and Fundy sighed, "fine, you win."

"Hey, where's Techno?" Wilbur asked. Everyone looked at around, but no trace of the man was in their camp.

"His cape and sword is gone," Philza murmured, "do you think he left?"

"He didn't want to fight the king so... Yeah probably," Sapnap rolled his eyes.

"Coward," Skeppy grumbled.

"Techno is not a coward!" Dream glared at him.

"Guys! No more arguing! Let's just go," George tugged on Dream's arm until the boy turned to him, muttering, "fine."

"I hope this will be worth it."

————

Positioned elegantly on the throne was a man. His green eyes were piercing, and his blonde hair in a short ponytail. He was dressed fancily, a red cape with gold hooks, a white shirt with ruffles, and a golden glinting crown sat upon his head.

A smirk immediately appeared on his face when a pink haired man dressed similarly to him walked in.

"Hello brother," the king's smile only got bigger as Techno got closer.

"We are not brothers," Techno snapped, "you betrayed me long ago when... When you did what you did."

"Does the boy even know?" Malcolm sat up, and Techno shook his head, "of course not. I would never want him to know you."

"What'd his mother think?"

"She's dead."

"Pity."

"You never cared for her," Techno's voice shook with anger, "she deserved so much better than you. And now... Dream doesn't have any real parents."

"I'm right here," Malcolm scowled, the smile leaving his face.

"No, you're dead to him, and to me as well," Techno hissed.

Malcolm suddenly looked disinterested in this conversation, and changed the topic, "so how does he not know what I did?"

"You have him a nasty scar, right across his eye, you're lucky he didn't go blind," Techno bellowed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, answer the damn question Techno."

"I took him to that supposed witch, she cleared his memory of what happened, and every memory of you," Techno raised his chin, "and I... Told him it was my fault."

"Damn it! I told you this wouldn't work! But oh no, you just wouldn't listen to me, would you?" A familiar voice yelled. Techno turned around, his heart dropping.

Fundy, Quackity, Wilbur, Ranboo, Tubbo, George, Sapnap, Skeppy, Bad, Karl, Niki, Philza, and Dream were being dragged in by guards.

"This is all your fault!" Fundy fought against, the guard, trying to get to George, almost succeeding.

Dream pushed his guard off of him, getting in front of George, "don't you dare touch him!"

Malcolm smiled as his eyes caught sight of the blonde. He knew exactly who he was.

He got off of his throne, waving his guards away. Malcolm tilted his head at Dream, grabbed his face, and examining the scar.

"Oh Techno, you didn't tell me I did this well," he exclaimed, as Dream pulled away.

"Is it just me or does that man look like you-" George murmured in Dream's ear.

Dream stared at the king, and a memory came back to him.

He was sitting on the stairs of a castle, his parents were arguing in the corridor.

"You can't do this, you won't!" His mother cried, and his father turned away coldly.

"Watch me. He's weak, he deserves to be dead," his father answered.

"Touch him, and I'll kill you, Malcolm, "Techno seethed.

"Do it then," his father turned to Techno, "I dare you."

But Techno stood where he was.

"That's what I thought."

Dream snapped out of the memory, his eyes falling on the blonde man.

"You're my father?" Dream's eyes were wide, and fearful.

"I am."

WC: 898

teehee