Part 2

Luz was walking along the beach near the Owl House, enjoying the nice day. The human has never really explored much of the landscape around her (hopefully) temporary home. While the forest was stinky, gross, and horrifying, the beach was surprisingly relaxing. And relaxation was something everybody needed after what happened with the Emperor a week ago.

"Luz!" She turned around and saw her cute friend King running over to her. "Come help me build my Nightmarish Fortress of Pure Terror! The king of demons needs a might fortress!"

"Ok King," Luz chuckled, "I'll help you with your sandcastle." She scooped up her furry friend and looked for a nice place for them to start building. They found it and started building.

After a few minutes of constructing, Luz's side of the castle looked well sculpted and detailed while King's side looked like a lot of nothing. Yep, they were have fun. While gathering more water for the castle, Luz saw something poking out of the sand.

"What is this?" she asked herself. She pulled at the whatever, but whatever it was, it was stuck in there. Luz then dug her hands in the sand and pulled with all her might. Finally, the thing popped out, knocking Luz to the ground. It was a small metal box wrapped in chains, the whole thing covered with rust. "Well this was a little underwhelming."

King saw her fall down and rushed to her. "Luz are you ok? What happened?" he then noticed the box, "what's that?"

"I don't know. Come on, maybe Eda or Lilith can open it."

"But what about my Fortress?!" King whined.

Luz looked at the creative abomination of a castle. "I think it's fine, let go!" she said before running back the Owl House with King running after her.

"Hey guys, hoot," greeted Hooty when they got back. "How was the beach?" They paid no attention to the bird tube and walked in. Eda was searching through her human trinkets while Lilith was in the kitchen trying to brew a human beverage called "tea."

"Hey Eda! Look what I found on the beach!" Eda looked up from her work. Her eyes landed on the box.

"Well what have we here?" Eda took the box from Luz and examined it. Lilith entered the room, wondering what the commotion was. When her eyes landed on the box her sister was holding, she walked up to her stared at it.

Lilith smiled. "Allow me, dear sister." She then made a magic circle with her finger. In response to this, the chain surrounding the box came to life and smacked Lilith's hand away. "OUCH!" She yelped. Eda tried to hold in her laughter.

"Nice try Lily, but it looks like this box is magic proof. Whoever this belonged to clearly didn't want it open." She then pulled out a large rock from her hair and smashed it onto the chain and lock until they no longer were functional. "But it's ours now, so lets see what's inside." she explains as she opens the box.

Luz and Lilith peak over Eda's shoulder as she opens the box. Inside sits a handheld mirror surrounded by padding to make sure it doesn't brake. Eda removes the mirror and throws the box over her shoulder as she examines their new trinket. The mirror was pure silver, with several gemstones surrounding the reflective glass. It was also designed with ruins and carving along its every inch. The glass itself, unbroken and seeming clearer than water, also had a design around it's edges.

"Garbage," Eda announced, "I was hoping for money." She then gave it to Luz. "Hear kid, you found it so it's yours." The sound of a ketal took Eda's and Lilith's minds away as they knew that was the tea.  They headed to the Kitchen, leaving Luz alone with her new mirror.