Last Part

Luz opened her eyes to find that she had been transported to a high cliffside in the pouring rain. Looking around, Luz saw two figures standing in front of a giant cave. One was one she knew as Louanna, the other was a giant bipedal cat.

"So this is it?" Louanna asked.

"Aye," the cat replied. "Beyond this point is the domain of the Titan, Rolland. He alone can tell you what you must do. But you must stand tall before him and not quake in fear. Good luck, human."

Thank you, Calder. You have been a good friend." And with that, the girl entered the cave with Luz not far behind. It wasn't a long walk, it was a simple uphill stroll from one cave entrance to another. But with each step, the girls grew more and more nervous. And Luz could swear that she was being followed by something.

When they exited the cave, they found themselves on the ledge of a massive ravine. they could see several giant mountains in the now raging storm, but there was no titan. That was until the rumbling started. The ground, the mountains, and even the sky seemed to violently shake all at once. And then, rising from the ravine in front of the cliff was the mighty horned titan. A creature so big, that the cave the two humans just exited was smaller than its pupal.

Louanna became very afraid, but remembered Calder's words and stood up straight and gazed up at the titan. My name is Louanna, I have traveled day and night for my to find you so that you may answer the questions I seek."

"Yes," Rolland exclaimed, his voice surprisingly quiet and gentle for a creature of his size. "I know who you are, and why you have come." The titan then lowered his head to get a better look at the girl. While he was doing that, Luz noticed two things about him. One, he was the titan she saw as a cave painting back in the ruins. And two he only had one eye that shifted from socket to socket.

"Curious," he continued "How long has been since this tired eye has gazed upon a human? Tell me, child, do you know any magic?"

"My mentor taught me some music but-"

"It won't be enough. You must traverse the land and search for the six great magicians. Only they can teach you how to defeat Queen Xea and avenge your family and mentor. Now doesn't that sound like a fun adventure, Luz?"

Hearing her name caught the girl off, but before she could say anything, and had reached from behind her and covered her mouth. "Don't answer him," came a voice from behind her. Another hand came from behind and snapped his fingers. Suddenly everything disappeared with a poof, leaving a blurry multicolored background.

The man then let go of Luz who quickly turned around and walked back some. There she saw a pale man in a red coat with black diamonds surrounding his eyes. "Who are you?"

"You may call me Null. I am the last living member of the dark coven, the owner of this mirror, and the one who just saved your life."

"What do you mean?" 

"This mirror shows people certain events of different stories, but the one thing that all these tales have in common is that titan saying there the same. And if you respond to that, you would be transported to that event in time, never to return. I have been able to prevent such events from happening to me because I am awesome."

A shiver ran down Luz's spine as he explained this to her. Such a thing almost happened to her, and she almost fell for it. While she was on the verge of a panic attack, Null snapped his fingers and a chair and mini-mirror appeared. "Now, time to send you back to how things were before."

Luz gave a confused glance over in his direction. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Null simply looked in her direction and started to explain. "None of this, from the time you found this mirror, was supposed to happen. Think of this as dumb fanfiction written by someone who you had an idea of what it was going to be but gradually lost over time. That make sense to you?"

"Not really," she replied. "But wait, won't this fanfiction which could have expanded the universe becomes completely obsolete?"

Null shrugged, then waved "bye" and suddenly Luz woke up. It was the day after she confronted Belos.