Part 10

It was night now on the island, and everyone had begun preparing their campsite. Luz, not feeling well since this morning, decided to bring her sleeping bag farther away from everyone else. She doesn't know why she felt like this, or why it scared her so much.

She had pulled her bag along cliffs edge, just far enough that she could still see the campfire in the distance. All her classmates were there, her mentors, her principal, Amity. A faint blush appeared as she thought of her former bully. It was strange how thinking about made her feel better in some way, yet scare her even more.

Suddenly, she heard a low humming coming from her bag. Knowing full well that it was the mirror, she just turned around and plugged her ears. Unfortunately, that wouldn't work. Feeling as if something was pulling her arm, it began to move toward her bag. Luz was in silent fear as she couldn't talk, she couldn't move, she couldn't do anything pulling the mirror out.

When she finally pulled it out, it glowed a vile shade of red, and Luz could swear she could see a pair of eyes looking back at her. And n a flash of light, she was gone. When the light dimmed from the mirror, a dark figure holding and umbrella stepped forward and picked it up. 

"Looks like I finally found you, old friend."

Sorry it took so long, I've been busy with college and been going through a dark patch of my life. I will say however, that their will only be a few more chapters left of this story, and I'd like to thank you for being patient and reading my story. It means a lot.