Part 4

When Luz's eyesight returned, she was standing onto of a massive cliff face. Below her were miles of baron land, appearing as if a large struggle had taken place just a few years earlier. Whatever the case, the land certainly looked dead.

As one can imagine, Luz was both horribly confused as well terrified. The only reason she wasn't screaming her head off at this very moment was because she didn't know what might hear her. Okay okay Luz calm down, she thought to herself. Lets think about how we got here. I was in my room, when all of a sudden there was this light coming from... THE MIRROR!

"Yes I knew it was magic! It teleported me here like one of those isekai animes! Meaning I just have to go on this large magical adventure to eventually make my way back!" Luz's excitement quickly washed away when she thought back to Eda, King, Lilith, Hooty, and her mom. An uncomfortable feeling spread over her and she thought about home.

She was knocked out of her depressing thoughts by the sound heavy breathing coming from behind her. She turned around and saw a figure dressed as, what looked like a plague doctor with a staff, behind her. The figure was soon accompanied two others, a man and a women, who ran up to it.

The plague doctor was the first to speak. "My friends, you do not look too well, what happened?"

"Queen Xea's forces happened," explained the man over his heavy gasps, "Thousands of them on Unicorn back. We don't have long."

"Excuse me," Luz tried to interrupt, "can one of you guy help me."

The others paid no attention to her. "Here Remus," spouted the women, handing the plague doctor a bundle. "Take the child, and get as far away as possible." The doctor, whose name is apparently Remus took the bundle and looked inside.

"What of the infant's mother?"

"Dead. we were barely able to get the child out of there."

"HELLO?" Luz tried to get their attention again. "Human girl here! Can you guys even hear me?" She tried put her hand on Remus's shoulder, only for her to phase right through him, and stumble in front of him. "Woah," she stated, repeating her previous motion a the other continued their conversation.

"I thank you for delivering her this far. I shall take her to Eden Keep, I suggest you two find a place to hide and rest."

"It is too late for that I'm afraid," the man claimed, "The soldiers have seen our faces. They will hunt me and my wife until they catch us. We will make our stand here and buy you time."

Remus protested. "But you are exhausted. You won't survive the casting!"

The woman then opened her bag and pulled out something that Luz knew all to well. Magic Glyphs, but she hadn't seen that design before. "That is why we have these."

Remus was about to protest again, but the distant sound of battle horn interrupted. He then gave his final thanks to the couple and than ran toward the cliff. Luz, now both confused and intrigued, followed him. Remus jumped of the cliff and Luz, not thinking this through, jumped after him. As she screamed, Remus made a circle with his staff. A furious wind took encased them and blew them many miles across the wasteland.

When the wind died down, Luz fell and hit the ground, while Remus checked on the infant. "To think that this baby girl can cause so much fear in one of the most dangerous beings in this world. You are quite special indeed, human."

"Wait what!?" cried Luz. Remus took one last glance back they way they came, before taking off again in a run. Luz kept following him, realizing that she had surprisingly no trouble with keeping up with him.

After what seemed like several hours, Luz realized that no matter how much she ran, she didn't get tired. In fact, Luz didn't think she ever had this much energy before. She felt good, powerful even.

It was almost dark when they stopped again. Remus pulled out a container of Luz guessed was milk and started feeding the infant. As that was going on, Luz tried once again to get his attention, only to once again phase through him as if she were a ghost. She couldn't be seen or heard or even interact with anything.

Suddenly, the air was filled with the sound of galloping. Remus quickly grabbed his staff and covered the child. Luz was prepared to start running again, but Remus just knelt down and started drawing something in the dirt.

Within minutes, thousands of armed soldiers on armored, angry unicorns surrounded them. Even if they ran, they would have been caught quickly. One of the soldiers got off his stead and approached Remus.

"Your pitiful allies were quite the annoyance for us," he mocked. Remus fist tightened when his friends were mentioned, but he kept silent. "Allow me to give you a choice, give us the child and we'll kill you quickly. Refuse, and we will rip you apart limb by limb and will take the child by force. Your choice."

In response, Remus raised his staff to the air, and began bellowing a spell. "Come to me, Storm Magic - Death Shroud!" he yelled before slamming his staff on symbol he drew earlier! A dark cloud exploded from the symbol, carrying strong winds, thunder, lightning, and harsh rain that engulfed every one within minutes! The harsh storm took all the soldiers up into the air, most never to be seen again! 

In all the chaos, Luz found herself being swept into the storm herself. She flew off the in a spiral and into a bright light that forced her to close her eyes. When she opened her eyes again, she was laying on the floor of her room in the owl house. She looked at her clock to see that 30 minutes have passed. She looked back at the mirror with both fear and wonder. At this time, she didn't know nor want to think about anything.

Under the Conformatorium, its prisoner started cackling hysterical. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! Someone has finally found my mirror! HAHAHA! I guess its time for me to check out of this lovely establishment!" With that, he cut his finger on the sharp spikes that decorated the wall, and finished the large glyph on the floor. "Come to me, Chaos Magic - Disaster of the Titans!" he yelled and jumped onto the symbol!