Part 8

When she returned home after a long day at school and an even longer day helping Eda, Luz now sat in her room trying to figure out how to activate the mirror again. She originally thought that magic activated it, but was proven wrong after taking it out a few time at Hexside. It seemed as if it was just an average mirror, but if that was the case, why did Bump warn her about it.

After a few horrors of trying, Luz put the mirror down and started working on her glyphs. Once her first plant glyph was finished, a memory popped into her head. She was working on her glyphs when she was originally transported. Maybe... 

Luz took the mirror, held it over the glyph so that it's reflection was there, and tapped the plant glyph. a small flower rose from the paper, and the image in the mirror began to change. the image faded, and in it's place was can a loud hum and a bright pink light, as contrast to the white from before. Luz quickly dropped the mirror as, it had suddenly burned her. The hum grew louder and louder, and the light grew even brighter. And in a flash, Luz was gone.

...

Luz founder herself in the middle of a village surround by thick jungle. All around her people who seemed like witches and demons, but something told her that they weren't those creatures. Behind her was an old poorly made home where a man came out of. The man mad purple skin, yellow eyes and white hair. Luz didn't recognize his face but she did recognize his voice.

"Louanna," called Remus. "It's time to come in." 

"Coming," Luz heard from behind her. She turned around and spotted an absolutely gorgeous girl running toward her. Luz's entire body became heated just at first glance of her and her reddish brown hair the color of autumn leaves, her violet eyes that seemed to collect stars, her round ears... round ears? Luz suddenly recalled the last time she was inside of the mirror. This human girl, was the infant that Remus saved that day.

"sigh, Louanna what have I told you about hiding your ears?" Remus asked.

"But I don't like hiding them, they make me feel special. Unique." Her voice was graceful, and kind.

"Unique indeed, as possibly the last human in this world. But it is because of that I worry. There are much beyond this jungle, and the inhabitants are hunting for such a creature like you. I just couldn't live with myself is something happened to you."

Louanna lowered her head after Remus' words, and pushed her hair over her ears. Her guardian noticed her sadness, which spread to him. He knelt down and gave her a hug.

"I'm sorry, I don't like that you have to hide these things either. Now get inside."

These actions reminded Luz of herself and her mother. A feeling of sadness filled inside of her.

She watched them until they were the door to the house closed. Then things began to change. Luz's entire environment seemed speed up until everything seemed to just be blurs. This went on until the greens and browns of the jungle village were replaced with reds and oranges. when time move correctly again, Luz found that the village was in flames.

She saw soldiers on unicorns, rush up to the villagers and slice them down. Luz looked around until she saw Remus and Louanna, along with another person making there way outside of the village. Several soldiers spotted them and rushed to them.

Remus saw this and used what looked like lightning magic to knock them of there unicorns. "Salazar," Remus shouted. "Take Louanna out of the village and bring her to Iliad! I join you when I can."

While the other person nodded, Louanna shouted back. "No! We aren't leaving you!"

"That wasn't a suggestion! Go!" and that was when the arrow hit his neck. As Remus fell to the ground in agony, Salazar, took Louanna by the arm and used what seemed to be light magic to create a portal for the two to escape.

When they were, a soldier rode up to Remus, raised his sword, and beheaded the man. Luz was in complete shock, tears fell uncontrollably from her eyes and she could no longer stand. She was so blinded by what she just saw, that she didn't notice the wall of a burning building falling down on to her.

...

Luz was back in her room. It was dark and cold. King walked in, saw Luz in her state, and run over to her concerned. All Luz could do was hug him.