Part 6

The day at Hexside went by very quickly. Luz held on to her mirror throughout the entirety of school, but had to much fun to have explained to her friends why. Not that they cared of course, because they too were having so much fun. As the day neared its end, Luz and Amity shared their last class together, when the teacher called them up.

"Ms. Blight, Ms. Noceda, Principal Bump would like to see you in his office. Didn't say why, just said he wanted to see you." Luz and Amity looked at each other, obviously confused, but did what they were told.

On they way there, Luz took notice that Amity still had her crutch from when they played grudgby. "How's your leg?" she asked.

"Oh, um, fine. The healing coven said that the charms they used on it were weaker than they though and that they're getting stronger ones today. It should be all healed by tomorrow."

"That's good to know, I'm glad nothing really bad happen to you." This statement cause Amity to blush a little.

"Hey Luz, why do you have a mirror?" asked Amity. Luz looked down, honestly surprised she was still holding on to the thing. What she carrying it all day with out realizing it. She would have questioned it a bit more, but they had reached Bump's office and he was waiting in the door way.

"Good day kids," he greeted, "come in, have a seat, and we'll get down to business." They too girls walked in as Bump closed the door behind them. The students took the two seats in front the principal's desk and Bump took his seat.

"Are we in trouble?" Amity questioned.

"Quite the contrary Ms. Blight," Bump replied pulling out papers from one of his desk drawer, "this is an opportunity. Your parents weren't exactly happy that you missed the visit to the Emperor's Coven. But thanks to a specific someone," he said as his glaze landed on Luz, "We are unfortunately not allowed back there for the time being." Luz squirmed in her seat.

"Thankfully," Bump continued, "An old friend of mine has given you two and a few others the chance of a lifetime. Her name is Lana Bestow, and she is an archaeologist studying overseas. She has recently found an unknown set of ruins underground and has said that it would be an excellent learning experience for you students." He than gave then the papers, "just get your parents or guardians to sign these within the next three days and return them to me, and we'll be off."

Amity was at a lost for words, while Luz was completely ecstatic. Getting a chance to see an archaeological site in person, this was something nether of them thought they would ever do. The two girls got up to leave, when Bump spoke up again. "Amity may leave. Their is still something I'd like to speak to you about Luz." Amity cautiously left the room, leaving Luz and the principal alone.

"I'm really sorry about the Emperor's Coven," Luz apologized.

"As much I'd like to punish you for such a thing, that is not why you're here. That mirror, let me see it."

Once again, Luz forgot she was holding onto it. Bump raise his hand, awaiting to see it. Luz handed it over to him and he looked over it. He scanned the object with intensity and wiped his hand over the glass, only for the mirror to show no sign of smudging.

"Do you know something about this mirror Mr. Bump?" asked Luz.

"I know that it's not something you should be flashing around school," He answered, handing it back to her. "If your going bring it anyway, make sure it is out of view or it will be taken away. Do you understand?"

Luz nodded and Bump dismissed her. He than sat there alone with his thoughts. Why, out of anywhere that thing could reappeared, it had to be in the hands of one of my students.

"Hey Bump, what's eating ya?"

Bump sprang out of his seat and looked to where the voice came from. There stood a memory that he would rather leave unremembered. "You."

"Meeeee."

"I thought you were imprisoned."

"Oh Bumpy, don't you watch the news. I blew that place sky high. And I knew that the first thing I had to do was see my old friend. Speaking of old, how do I look? I haven't seen myself yet."

Bump looked over the former prisoner, "you look horrible." he answered honestly. And it was true, the man's body looked crusty, and falling off. His clothes were torn to shreds and his skin was as white as paste, with the only color being a gray skull tattoo over his heart. His eyes were red, with dark shapes around them, and his hair was greasy mess.

"Meh, nothing that a quick dip in the boiling sea can't fix. I swear, those burning 4th degree waters have miracle properties."

"Enough! Why are you here? The last thing I need is someone like you getting causing harm to my students!-"

"No worries Bump, I won't touch your students. IF, they don't have what I'm looking for. Than things are going to be bad real quick. Any who, I've stayed long enough, and I've lost my mind and am desperately looking for it. TTFN, ta ta for now." He yelled before jumping out of the window.

Bump, considering how worried he should feel over that, opened his bottom drawer and pulled out a bottle of super strong apple blood and just started drinking.