Testing His Powers - Chapter 6

A/N: I'm writing this during class sooo... shhhh

Word Count: 1,170

~Sapnap's POV~

It's been a week since I got here, it's quite fun experiencing how people are like and what they do in the over world. Everyone forced Harry and I to hang out alone to see if we'd get along, but that didn't work at all. I was standing in the middle of a big empty field, it was quite far from the village. Tommy told me to come here so we could "hang out", but when I did get here I found a piece of paper on a tree and it said:

We're going to be testing out your powers today, we know you don't want to but I think you could use them for many useful things if you get used to them, also try not to burn down the trees while practicing
~Harry

I can't believe I let Tommy convince me to come here, and again Harry being Harry towards the end of the paper. I've been waiting for an hour for everyone else, suddenly I heard a few branches breaking and turned around to see Ranboo, Wilbur, Quackity and Karl. They walked over to me and it looked like they were out of breath.

"Hey Sap, you ready to start practicing?" Ranboo asked.

"Isn't everyone going to be here?" I questioned.

"Yeah, they're just being held back by Harry, he doesn't want to be here" Karl responded. I hummed and looked around to see what exactly I would be able to do.

"I think we should see what exactly you could do with fire, show us a few things" Quackity said. I took a deep breath and lifted my hands, all I need to do is think of what I want the fire to do. A medium sized flame appeared above my hand and I began making it move, though it was going quite slowly since I was scared that I might hurt someone. I began thinking of my mom, she once told me this story where she came to the over world and saw a parrot, it was blue with a bit of yellow on it's wings. Suddenly, the flame turned into a bird and the other four gasped. This was the first time this has ever happened... at least the first time it happened after years. 

"Woah, that's amazing!"

"What else can you do?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~9 Years Ago~ (Narrator's POV Will Be Back To Sap's POV After Flashback)

"Woah, Sap! That's amazing! Can you please make a butterfly?" Hailey asked, Sapnap had manifested his fire powers and his father had him test them out. His mother stood next to him to help him out since she too had the same powers. 

"Now Hailey we have to go slow with your brother, he just got these powers" Abigail stated. Sapnap wanted to take a break, he was out of breath and exhausted because his body was too small to completely control his new powers.

"Father, can I please take a break?" Sapnap asked, his father looked at him and shook his head no. Sapnap sighed and all of a sudden the Nether started to shake, pieces of the netherrack started to fall from above their heads. The lava started to levitate from the surface and float above their heads, Sapnap was starting to get scared which lead to him sitting down and bringing his knees to his face. When he did that, a bit of lava separated from the rest and fell, Harry looked up and noticed it was falling towards him.

"Harry! Watch out!" Sapnap said, getting up and running towards him. Sapnap pushed Harry out of the way and while doing so the lava landed on Sap's waist, creating a burn that didn't hurt Sapnap at all. That's when Noah and Abigail realized something, fire and lava was linked to Sapnap, linked to his emotions. When Sapnap sighed, he wasn't happy... which made the Nether start to shake, he got scared and that made the lava levitate, his instinct to save his brother caused the lava to move away from them and go back to the surface and the Nether stopped shaking. Abigail got a hold of Sapnap's hand and lead him back inside the fortress, he needed to rest.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~End Of Flashback~ 

After hearing them wanting me to show what else I can do... it reminded me how Hailey once asked if I could make a butterfly. That memory haunts me to this day and thinking about it made the bird explode, there was a wave of fire which knocked down Ranboo, Wilbur, Quackity and Karl. 

"Woah, that was cool!" Quackity stated.

"Are we dead or alive?" Wilbur asked.

"What was that wave thing? It burned" Karl said.

"Uh, guys..." Ranboo quietly said, I looked around to look at him but all I saw was fire. Fire was surrounding me, I looked up and I was able to see the sky but nothing else.

"Sapnap? Where are you?" Quackity asked.

"Um... we might need water" I stated, I knew if I tried to walk through the fire I would get burned, I might have fire powers but it doesn't mean I'm fire proof. I heard the four of them moving around and all of a sudden the fire went out and cold water got thrown at me. It hurt since fire and water aren't really buddies, warm or hot water is the only type of water I could touch and drink, cold water could kill me... good thing I could dry myself with fire.

"Oops! Sorry" Karl said, I nodded and the heat radiating off of my body warmed me up. If I'm being honest, I was shaking a little bit. I didn't want any of the to get hurt just like what could have happened to Harry if I didn't push him out of the way in time.

"Um... maybe we could continue this another time" I said, they looked at me and then looked at each other and nodded. We headed back to the village which took forever, we arrived around 10 pm I believe. When we did everyone walked towards us and asked how practice went.

"So? How did it go?" George asked.

"It went great, oh you should have been there! Sapnap made a wave of fire oh and he created a bird, it was sick!" Quackity said, Harry looked at me and I could tell he was going to ask if anyone got hurt, and I walked away before anyone could ask me anything and before he could ask that question that I didn't want to answer. I knew he was following me which lead to me walking faster and walking into Dream's place, closing the door before Harry reached it. I sighed and slid down the door, why did I have to get these powers? Why not Harry... he's supposed to be the future king... he's the oldest... why do I hurt people every time I use my powers?