Chapter Thirty-Seven - Embrace

'Don't let me fall asleep,' she mumbled with her eyes firmly shut.

Wriggling under the covers, she couldn't remember getting into this position. Groaning noisily and shifting around, her shoulder collided with someone else's chest. Hard on the outside, yet soft to the touch. She couldn't keep her eyes closed for much longer – especially when someone as striking as Draco was lying at her side.

'Too late,' his deep voice rasped.

Seeing him leant on his elbow, with his chin resting in his hand. Ophelia couldn't help marvelling at his appearance. The man that just fucked her to sleep. Who not only tucked her into bed but joined her under the covers. Innocently waiting for her to wake.

There was something so safe and reassuring about his company. A look in his eye that chased away her fears. That told her she didn't have to handle her nightmares alone.

She knew he would spend every night in the room of requirement if she asked. And right now she wished they were there instead. Then they wouldn't have to move or think about anyone else for hours.

But instead they ended up in the room she shared with four other girls. That meant four possible chances of being interrupted. And classes are definitely over already!

'Someone will come back,' she reasoned sleepily.

She could tell by the thick fog clouding her senses that barely any time had passed. She was still in that disoriented post-fuck haze.

'Perhaps,' he replied calmly. Taking a strand of her hair and twisting it between his thumb and forefinger.

Ophelia's eyes immediately focused on his ring. Feeling a shudder chase her spine – remembering the sting of that metal band against her skin. Her lips parted, her body trying its best to stay composed.

'I want you to sleep if you're tired,' his voice broke through her daydream.

Every part of her wanted to bury her face back in the pillow. Her bruised limbs and tender muscles were partly to blame for her sluggish response. However even without this tolerable pain – the only thing strong enough to overpower her laziness was the idea of being caught.

Trying to sit, she was obstructed by Draco's arm dragging her back to the mattress. 'Now where do you think you're going?' He murmured suggestively.

She let her body tumble back into his arms – not bothered to follow through with her plan if he wanted to stop her. 'Draco,' she whined.

'Ophelia,' he whined back, in a high-pitched imitation of her voice.

She couldn't help giggling and smiling so wide her eyes scrunched closed.

'What?' He responded - confusion written across his face.

'That voice!' She explained once she had enough self-control to tame her laughter.

Draco scowled, rolling his tongue inside his cheek and along the line beneath his lower lip. An action she might find intimidating in other circumstances, but she knew he wasn't really riled up. There was no chance of being bent over the bed a second time.

He just wasn't used to being teased when he liked the person delivering the hit. She knew he wasn't going to use his usual tactic of being rude or dismissive. He had other ways of taunting her now.

'Misbehaving already?' He snarled. Watching her body tense before nipping the shell of ear, 'I didn't think so,' he finished sternly.