Chapter Sixteen - Hogsmeade

Ron was horrified when his sister dragged him into Madam Malkin's Boutique. Ginny shrugged her shoulders at his protests - he'd had plenty of warning that the day would consist of shopping.

They had a delightful walk to the quaint village, which luckily catered to all their immediate needs. Since its offering had recently expanded.

The Ministry had put a lot of effort into regenerating Hogsmeade's economy, which had been left devastated after the previous year.

On the journey the conversation had revolved around the Ball. Ophelia was left feeling very excited about the prospect of dancing the night away to live music.

'What did you expect Ron? You need robes for tomorrow!'

It was true – his last robes had not made it through the hunt for Hocruxes. He shuddered at the thought.

Ginny chose a sophisticated pair of navy robes for him, which he begrudgingly tried on. The aged tailor, in charge of this branch, had almost suffered a heart-attack when he recognised who needed his assistance. Spluttering a series of thank-you's before meticulously ensuring it fit Ron's body like a glove.

Ginny began admiring all the more extravagant dresses but eventually settled for a simple pale-blue gown.

Ophelia raised an eyebrow, 'how about this, Gin?' She held up a more figure-hugging dress that rested off the shoulder. Much more flattering, she thought.

Ginny's cheeks flushed, 'I shouldn't...'

Ophelia frowned, and ushered her into the changing-room, 'don't be silly – try it on!'

Ophelia felt her jaw drop when Ginny finally walked out, 'Jesus Gin – that's the one!'

'You sure?' she mumbled.

'Yes, it's perfect. Harry won't be able to keep his eyes off you!'

Ginny's cheeks rouged to a shade that matched her hair. 'Now it's your turn.'

Ophelia looked through every rail until she spied the perfect dress. She'd seen nothing like it and it would certainly make a statement. Looking into the mirror, holding it - still on the hanger - against her body.

Ginny's mouth fell open a fraction, 'that's a head-turner,' she confirmed.

'It's certainly something,' Ron added.

The dress was a glossy, deep purple silk, halter dress, which clung to all the right places. The neckline plunged into a deep v-line that would expose her full cleavage, and it trailed to the floor with a tasteful slit on one side. Perfect.

~

Ophelia and Ron strolled aimlessly through the village. Perusing the different window displays, since they had time to kill.

It was a little while until Ginny would be finished, stocking up on sweets from Honeydukes, before they planned to meet her at the Three Broomsticks.

Trudging along, Ron explained his own personal ranking for every type of confectionary they sold. At the top, were the fudge flies and jelly slugs. At the bottom, were acid pops.

She smiled to herself, as he relayed the details of every sweet, interweaved with stories of where and when he first ate each one.

She took it as a substantial victory that the war had not stolen his glee - that childish element of his personality, which made his company so entertaining.

'I'm going to have to disagree with you there,' she interrupted, after finally finding a flaw in his ranking system, 'peppermint toads are way above sugar quills!'