Chapter Thirty-Eight - Slug Club

'Ophelia!'

Pausing with Flint by her side. They both turned to see Draco strolling forwards. A stack of books under one arm and his heavy-footing echoing off the walls.

She couldn't help smiling as he moved closer, watching his eyes journey up her body - travelling from the floor to meet her gaze.

It was obvious that he appreciated her appearance. From his wide eyes, to the giddy smile he wore while shaking his head in disbelief. His lips parted to speak. His mind filtering through every possible compliment.

The tension grew in the space between them. A blistering heat swelled inside Ophelia's body, while a raw chill brushed past her exposed skin. A destabilising collision between two temperatures that left her light-headed - but craving more.

She wished he was invited to the dinner, so she could spend hours exploring this all-consuming feeling. But she guessed it wouldn't be wise to be accompanied by someone so distracting. She wouldn't even be able to fake interest in the small-talk.

However, she was grateful that he hadn't missed seeing her before she left.

There had only been a small window of time between prepping with Millicent and Tracey in the dormitory and meeting Flint outside the common room - the only other Slytherin she knew with an invite.

Despite it taking so long, she enjoyed getting ready with the girls. Especially relinquishing control to let them make all the decisions.

Although they didn't need to put so much effort into helping me – it's only dinner with a few other students and Slughorn!

Millicent directed her to sit at the vanity table, while she stood behind her back. Brushing and tugging her hair in every direction, to create the finished product. A thick French braid that evenly swept off both sides of her head and trailed down her back. With a few stands of hair pulled out of the braid to hang loose and frame the front of her face.

Millicent laid out a green cropped knit sweater, with a round neckline for Ophelia. A pretty boring option if it hadn't been for the occasional strand of silver thread woven between the cable pattern. But it had to be something modest and I guess it doesn't hurt that it's house colours...

Then, Millicent squeezed her into a tight skirt to balance out her sensible top-half. Its cut exaggerated the curve of her hips and backside. But it's still an appropriate length...

She was then advised to keep her legs bare and told to finish the look with a sleek heeled boot.

While Tracey worked hard to illuminate Ophelia's skin with expensive products. Highlighting her naturally defined cheekbones and cupid's bow. Filling out her dark brows and staining her lips with a deep red lipstick that didn't transfer or smudge. The difference was tremendous. Even if her reflection wasn't totally unrecognisable - nobody would suspect she was running on four nights of awful sleep.

But that was entirely her fault.

Draco had asked to spend each night in the room of requirement. But the mounting pressure from teacher's meant she couldn't keep neglecting her work. So, they settled for being together in the library.

Eyeing each other from opposite ends of the table and taking frequent breaks to flirt or kiss in a private alcove in the restricted section. They had been in their own bubble until they were almost found by another student.

Ophelia had never seen Draco retract his hand so fast. Darting it out from beneath her shirt before the Ravenclaw boy had a chance to suspect something. She realised his talents as seeker - and those speedy reflexes - could be just as useful off the pitch.