The Divine ( Season 1 of MCD; Episode 96)

" Lord Alex, you're needed at Lord Aphmau's house."

     The freckled girl stood up." What is it? Are there problems with the Scaleswind situation?"

     " Kind of, Lady Katelyn has requested to speak with you and Lord Aphmau again."

     Without a second thought, Alex automatically headed towards the door." Then I don't want to keep her waiting, even if she is from O'khasis, I trust her intentions."

_________________________________________________________

     " Before we begin, I want you to know that if you threaten us here, we won't take lightly to it."

     Katelyn started to speak." Thank you for this opportunity, I'm sure because of my Jury of Nine title, and the fact that I am working alongside Zane, does not make me a comfort to have in your presence, given the current state of affairs, but I need to take my chances for you to hear me out."

     " You better make it quick."

     " Aphmau, Alex, you remember why I originally came to Phoenix Drop? Correct?"

     " You came to ask me about Jeffory the Golden Heart."

     " Correct, I have received news... that Jeffory has died."

     " What!?" Laurence yelled." How!?"

     " You've got to be kidding me!"

     " Who would kill him!?"

     " What!? What happened!?"

     " Zane happened... that evil prick! How dare he!" Katelyn began to shout in anger." Jeffrey had a daughter he loved!"

     Alex carefully reached over and put a comforting hand on the O'khasis woman's shoulder as she began to cry, before looking over to her friends for help.

     " I don't know if I should be asking this, but are you okay?"

     " No," Katelyn responded to the Lord's question." No, I'm not okay at all. Jeffery... Jeffery was a great friend of mine. In his honor, in his memory, is why I'm here today. I did not come here for Zane to find out more about Jeffery, once you are in Zane's custody, you are as good as dead if you're not useful. I could not find any information or anything that could save him, I had no evidence to make him look innocent for letting you go, but the least I could do was watch over you."

     " Wait... you- you knew he let me go!?"

     " Yes, you knew Jeffery didn't serve Zane when he so willingly allowed you to leave Pikero village with the two lords. Both Jeffery and I do not serve Zane, though we play our part in making him believe we do."

     " Wait... what!? If you don't serve him, then why are you playing- Like what is- What!?"

     " Jeffery had his reasons for what he did, as do I, however, there is a time to disclose that, and now isn't the time. Just know that I have been on the side of peace since the very beginning, the armor sets I have bestowed upon you and your knights was a gift solely from me, although I took no part in getting Lady Alex's armor for her. I took them from Zane's armory before he could replicate them for his soldiers, and now I give these gifts to your guards."

    " Katelyn... Katelyn these are amazing!"

    " Thank you ever so much!"

     " This is the least I can do for you now."

     "... Why are you doing this?"

     " As I said, I am on the side of peace, each of these weapons is believed to have a blessing from one of the divine warriors."

     "... What? I've heard that name before, Alex's mentioned it, Divine Warriors?"

     " You know nothing of the Divine Warriors? Forgive my sudden reaction to that, I should have figured you did not know of them, seeing as Irene is the only one who is worshiped to the extent she is in this region."

     " Can... can you tell me more about this?"

     " Of course, if you wish to know, I will tell you the extent of what I know. The Divine Warriors were a group of powerful gods, they were all powerful in their own regard. Believed to have existed many years ago. Shad the Destroyer, Esmund the Protector, Enki the Keeper, and Irene the Matron are the ones I have known. There are some villages in this region that have been known to have statues of the other three, however, Irene was the one who protected many villages around here, and was the last to have been seen alive. I'm sure you know what she was renowned for but... well, we'd be here all night if I were to get into this, take their names, and you can assume what they were known for. In any case, these weapons have been blessed by very powerful respective priests of each god except for Shad. They are all incredibly well forged, used them to your advantage."

     " Wait... Katelyn, Alex and I saw you with Lillian last night, we saw you talking about Zane, she's... I don't understand why you're helping us since you were with Lillian last night."

     " So you saw that, then I don't have to explain the huge crater in the docks, good to know. I was afraid that you might have thought we shot a cannon from the ship, thank goodness. In any case, you did see me with Lillian last night, I will not deny that, but if you saw that then you know that I have a severe distaste for that woman. She is a vile creature." 

     " If she works with Zane, then she must be."

     " Anyone who is in allegiance with Zane is vile in my opinion, even though I play a part of his puppet, it is just that. I play a part. Now, I must be getting back to my ship, to being a puppet, if I stay here much longer the guards abord my ship will notice I'm missing. I will take my leave."

     Alex quickly stood up after the blue-haired woman." Wait a minute, Katelyn, before you leave I think there's one more question Aphmau and I would like to ask you... we've been warned of a spy within Phoenix Drop, do you by chance know who they are?"

     " If I did, I would have divolged that information before you immediately. It is someone who has been in the village for a long time, that is all I know. Now know you have an ally undercover on the ship just outside of your dock, I will not allow harm to come from the men on my ship. I must leave now, refrain from being friendly with me in public. I will divulge more information on Zane later to you. For now, I have to leave. Good day Lady Aphmau, Lady Alex."

     " Katelyn... thank you, thank you very much."

     " You have no idea how much we appreciate this."

A/N: Alright I'm going to try and wrap this Authors note up quickly so I can do some editing and get this chapter up before I go to sleep. The drawing above has nothing to do with the chapter, I just drew it and thought it looked really cool, I was busy working on a bunch of other stuff earlier today, as always I hope someone at least somewhat enjoyed this chapter, please comment if you feel like it, any to all comments make my day, and have a good day!