Returning Home... ( The Non-Cannon Chronicles; Episode 15)

" Why is there smoke in the distance?"

     Concern grew on Alex's face." That's the direction of Phoenix Drop."

     Aaron attempted to get up and see what was going on, only to fall back down immediately, Aphmau and Alex both rushed over to him.

     " How many times do I have to remind you?" Alex sighed." You're to injured to move, especially without Shad inhabiting you anymore, you're going to be taking the full weight of any injuries you received during the fight."

     " Is Phoenix Drop okay?" Aaron managed.

     " That's what we're going to figure out, but you need to stay still in order to heal."

    Katelyn, Garroth, and Laurence arrived on the roof, led by their three year old companion.

     " Alina said there was smoke, is everything alright?"

     Aphmau turned to her friends." We're not sure, but I really hope it's not Phoenix Drop."

     " It is in that direction... we should find out soon, we should be arriving in an hour."

     " Are all the Shadow Knights still secure? Have they mentioned anything about an attack on Phoenix Drop?"

     " None of them have mentioned a thing, and when I was in the Nether I didn't hear about them planning to attack anywhere... but obviously they got to the Phoenix Alliance Island, so at this point they could be anywhere."

     " Then let's just hope it's not Phoenix Drop that's burning."

_________________________________________________________

     " It is... It is Phoenix Drop..." Alex staired at her hometown for a moment more, before taking flight once more and racing back to the Celestial Cannon.

     " What is it? Where's the smoke coming from?"

     She landed on the ground before sitting down." Phoenix Drop... the smoke's coming from Phoenix Drop."

     " Shadow Knights?"

     " I don't know, I couldn't tell."

     " Alright, we're landing this ship right now. We need to see what we can do to help."

     Alex stood up." Right, let's take back Phoenix Drop... Again."

     As soon as they reached the ground, everyone except Alina and Aaron raced towards Phoenix Drop. As soon as the village was within their sight, Laurence ran ahead, using his relic to go invisible and take a closer look as the others hung back until he returned.

     " What can you see?"

     " No Shadow Knights," Laurence replied after a moment." I can't see any Shadow Knights anywhere. And even if that was what we were dealing with, it shouldn't have been a problem after Shad was defeated."

     " You have a point, but if it's not Shadow Knights, who else would be attacking Phoenix Drop? Werewolves?"

     " No," Alex quickly responded." I don't think they'd do something like this. Their tribe especially seems to sophisticated to resort to burning our town."

     " Well whoever it is doing a good job on security. In addition to the two burned buildings, there're patrols set out and multiple guards."

     " Can you tell who the guards are?"