Sneaky Baby ( Season 3 of MCD; Episode 17)

" Hello? Is anyone home?"

     " Who's there!? Is that-" Aphmau turned to see two of her friends running downstairs, the one nearest to her being the one speaking." Oh, Lady Aphmau, you're back! Thank Irene- I mean, thank goodness. It's so good to see you again and-"

     " We're just glad you made it back safely."

     Aphmau laughed." Thank you, both of you, it's good to be back... although, it was nice that I didn't have to travel alone."

      She turned her gaze to her youngest daughter.

     " Ah, yes, Alina. Lilith told us that is such. Welcome back young lady." The small child giggled, before Garroth sighed." It's a little frustrating to be outwitted by a three year old, she's certainly more deceptive then I thought. Next time I'll have to watch her more closely."

     " It's okay Garroth, really. Actually, I'm glad Alina snuck aboard."

     " You are!?"

     " Really?"

     " Yes, I want Alina and Lilth to grow up with a sense of adventure. They should be aloud to run around and be free, there may come a time when they won't have this kind of freedom again, simply because of who they are... who I am..."

     " Lady Aphmau..."

     " I just don't want my children to feel like they're prisoners in their own home."

     Alex smiled lightly." Of course, they deserve to have a childhood like any other kids, but unfortunately, they aren't like any other kids-"

     " People have been calling them the daughters of Irene," Garroth continued for her." I- we just want to protect them."

      " I know, and we will. We'll do it together."

      " Lady Aphmau?" Liochant walked downstairs." Hah! It is you! I thought I heard you."

      Aphmau smiled at the guard. " Hey Liochant! You're looking well."

     " Oh, thank you my lady, you are to kind, but I'll take that complement, especially with how unpredictable little Alina can be, I swear I must have lost almost three years of my life the moment she went missing. Searching for her was one of the most heroing experiences of my life, and I've seen combat before."

      " Agreed, it certainly wasn't easy on any of us, but we percerviered."

     Aphmau laughed again." Well I'm glad to see you all made it out of the experience alive... I knew I could trust you, but Liochant, you don't have to be so concerned. Lilith and Alina are very smart, and they know how to stay out of trouble."

     " That may be, Lady Aphmau, but as long as I'm alive I will worry about these girls. They mean so much to you, to everyone! I will not be taking a break while they're under my care."

     " Thank you, Liochant."

      " Now then, may I take Miss Alina upstairs so she can say hello to her sister? I'm sure there's much for you, Lady Alex, and Sir Garroth to catch up on."

     " You are right... I do need to speak to both of them... Alina, would you like to go with Liochant and say hi to Lilith for mommy?"

     The toddler seemed over joyed." Yeah!"

     Liochant led Alina upstairs.

     " So... how was everything at the Enki warrior village? Is Travis the descendant of Enki like we thought? Any other news? Where are Katelyn and Travis? Is everything alright?"

     " Did something happen to them!?"

     " Katelyn and Travis are fine, they're out getting Travis new clothes actually."

     " New clothes? For Travis? Oh good, I'm sure he could use a new outfit, when was the last time he changed for that matter?"

      Aphmau giggled." And since when did you ever care about outward appearances? I still remember that dopey helmet you used to wear when I first met you."

     " It wasn't a 'dopey' helmet. It was a practical and safe wardrobe choice!"

      " Okay, okay, if you say so."

     "... It was a kind of Dopey helmet."

_________________________________________________________

     " I can't believe Travis won't accept Anki's relic! Does he not understand the situation Alina is in!?"

     " I know you're upset-" Aphmau began in a soft voice, before being cut off.

     " That's one way to put it!"

     She sighed." But I agree with Travis, he needs to look out for his best interest, and I don't want to make him do anything he doesn't want to do. I would be a terrible friend if I ever did that."

     Alex spoke up." She's right, you know."

     " I know, and you're a good person Lady Aphmau, I'm just worried. We still don't know what Shad is up to, and if we don't have the help of the other Divine Warriors, well... I don't really want to think about that."

     " I know, I'm worried too, but we have to keep hoping. Without that, then we've already lost."

     " Then I won't give up either. So what is Travis going to do now?... That is, if he survives his outing with Lady Katelyn."

     " He'll be joining Katelyn back at Brightport."

      " Really? Do you think he'll be joining the Dragon Ward?"

      " I think it's to early to tell, but I doubt it. I think Travis is just going to explore his options. He is still dealing with the news that he is now one of the Divine Warriors... Oh! I can't believe I didn't tell you sooner!"

     " What!? What is it!?"

     " Are you alright?"

      " Yes, I'm fine Alex... I had a vision, as Irene."

      " As Lady Irene!? What happened? What was it!?"

      The front door opened before Aphmau could explain any further, as Aphmaus older son walked in.

     " Malachai? Oh, it's good to see you! What brings you down here?"

     He breathed heavily." Pikero Village was attacked, by Shadow Knights."

     " What!?"

A/N: Really quickly, I'm sorry I was gone for a week, a lot was happening. I got my braces off,  got my second vacine ( and watched all the Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit movies) all in one week. As always I hope someone at least somewhat enjoyed this chapter, please comment if you feel like it, any to all comments make my day, and have a good day!