The Nether ( Season 3 of MCD; Episode 2)

" It amazes me to see that this academy was built on top of a werewolf tribe's land, I guess even Katelyn has some demons to think about."

     The blue-haired woman raised an eyebrow." Does he have to talk?"

     " This guard academy was built with the werewolves' permission to keep the nether portal in check. Don't you for a second think we're as cold as you."

     " Garroth," Aphmau stopped her friend." He's just trying to get under our skin, ignore him."

     " Yeah, and unfortunately it's working. Are there any alternatives to him talking his mouth off all the time?"

     " Lady Aphmau!"

     " Aphmau!"

     Before anyone could respond to Alex's question, two small familiar blue-haired children ran over.

     " Nekoet! Dimetre!"

     " It's so good to see you!"

     " Likewise! Look at you two, you're looking more grown-up every day!"

     Katelyn spoke up." Are you two going on your duties?"

     " Yes ma'am! We're about to report to our post now!"

     " We won't fail!"

     " Sorry to cut this short, but we have to be going."

     " See you later!"

     They both ran off.

     " What little brats."

     " I swear if you say anything!" Katelyn glared at the shadow knight." Now, let's get going. Follow me."

_________________________________________________________

     " The whole story behind the construction of this place is amazing."

     " Of course it is, it's not everyday magicks and science go hand in hand to make something this complicated."

     " Vincent!" Aphmau smiled in recognition before turning to the other person she knew on the wall." Hailey, you're here!?"

     " Not exactly, but still, I'm a projection. I am a Lord after all, can't have my physical form here, I have a village to manage."

     " It's good to see you."

     " You too Aphmau."

     " Thanks to the combined efforts of Chad and Hailey we were able to know exactly when someone left the Nether. This entire area is protected by a barrier that prevents anything from leaving."

     " So if for some reason more Shadow Knights came out, they would not be able to leave here without us knowing it. This is mostly due to the protective nature of your relic Garroth."

     " I'm glad it can be of use."

     " It's of more use than you think, without it, we wouldn't be able to do anything about the Nether but let it sit. The relic of Esmund the Protector makes this all possible."

     " Alright, a few things before we go in, this will have to be a quick trip. Our scouts who have gone into the Nether for a few hours have been corrupted by hatred. Those scouts have to be isolated for weeks after they return to cleanse them."

     " Do you have any new information aside on the Nether?"

     " No, our scouts cannot travel deep enough to find out, so we're really relying on you... Zane."