Chapter 10

„THIS WAS A HORRIBLE IDEA!!" Ali yelped as the ship quickly flew away from The Massive, no irken having no idea where Ali is.
„Ooh shut it, remember when I was FIVE and we flew away to planet Pier and hid for a year? That was a horrible idea. This is hopefully a good one." Ari replied to a scared Ali, who really just needed reassuring. Ali rolled her eyes with a slight embarrassed blush, although letting out a chuckle from the memory.
„We grew up together...and still you're the same, Ari." Ali said as she booped Ari's non-existent nose. Ari looked at her, confused.
„You always want to help. Protect. Shield. Me." Ali noted and smiled as Ari grew embarrassed. „But I hope you know I don't need your protection-"
„You're a defect. A...a weakling. I have the need to protect you, because you're weak. As much as you try to be tough, you're still not. Don't try me, Ali. I know you enough to know that." Ari said, not breaking a sweat, seemingly making Ali shocked. But Ali just frowned and looked away at the never-ending space. As much as she hated to admit it, Ari was right. The only way she ever got through life was...lie.

Ali was a failed commander. Way back when Tallest Miyuki ruled, she was her second in command. She was once sent on a mission to command an army against another. That day, everyone died because of Ali's poor leading skills. However, she survived...and lied about the details, painting herself in a good light. When Miyuki died and Spork took over, he simply never questioned it. Ali was still a commander, lost another two wars...yet no one ever considered she was just bad at her job. After Spork died too, and Tallest Red and Purple took over...Ali got a crush on Red, being their laid back food drone they also kept around because she was funny. She was never obvious about her feelings...she wouldn't know how to express them, anyway.

It was a while and their ship was getting closer to Earth. Ari was pretty excited, while Ali just wanted to have a peaceful rest of the day. That...wouldn't happen that easily.
Ari's communicator suddenly beeped and they both shrieked. Ari looked at who was calling and immediately started panicking.
„IT'S DADS!" Ari yelled and looked at Ali, wide eyed. Ali started sweating.
„Well...PICK UP!!"
„BUT WHAT AM I GOING TO SAY?!!"
„I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE THEY'RE JUST CALLING TO SAY HI!!"
„WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?!"
„JUST PICK UP ALREADY!!!"
„OKAY OKAY FUCK" Ari quickly picked up as Ali hid behind a seat.
„Hey Ari, sorry for interrupting or whatever, don't you know where Ali is?" Red got straight to the point and Ari immediately started swearing in her head. They probably want to kill Ali.
„No...why would I see...Ali? Pfft, that's- that's, uh, crazy." Ari mumbled out nervously, and thinking she gave a good performance, proudly smiled. The Tallest looked at each other with not much expression.
„Aah well okay. It's just that we figured you'd know where she is, cuz you know, you guys are friends and stuff. Anyway we're gonna look for her now so byee." Purple ended the transmission and both females gave out a releived sigh.
„That wasn't...that bad." Ari complimented herself and looked over at Ali, who was sitting, knees to her chin and arms wrapped around her legs.
„They want to find me to recode me. They...they want to kill me." she kept mumbling and tears started forming in her eyes. She sniffed a few times before trying to wipe the tears away from her face.
„Ali..." Ari whispered sadly before sitting next to Ali, „it's okay. They can't take you on Earth, you know that."
„But...they want to do it." Ali cried as she hugged Ari. Ari hugged back.
„They won't hurt you. Not while I'm here." she comforted Ali and they broke the hug.
„Fine. It's whatever, anyways." Ali said and sat back on the seat. Ari just smiled and shook her head, knowing Ali won't change.

The two finally arrived on Earth, Ari warning Zim beforehand and so landing in his attic. Ari got out of the ship, looking around for the small alien.
„ARI!" she suddenly heard behind her, turned around and got pulled into a hug.
„Zim!! Zim. I'm so happy to see you again..." Ari cried, breaking the hug and kissing Zim on the lips.
„So, so what did the Tallest say?" Zim wondered, smiling at his mate.
„They're actually fine with it! It wasn't hard convincing them, you know, I've got it, hah." Ari replied confidently, like she didn't have a nervous breakdown a few hours ago.
„It smells like shit in here." Ali suddenly piped in, freaking Zim out, which led to a few seconds of his confused screeching.
„WHO IS THAT?! TRESPASSER!!" Zim yelled and pulled Ari behind him out of reflex.
„Zim...that's Ali, my... best friend." Ari explained, reaching out for Ali's hand so that the two'd shake.
„Ali, you know Zim, so shut the fuck up about him being a defect." Ari said boldly and looked at Ali very seriously. Ali just smiled and nodded.
„Can I still say he's a stinky bug-monkey?" Ali asked, and although Ari was about to say no, she figured out it would be pointless. Ali smiled and proudly said; „Zim, you're a stinky bug-monkey."
Zim frowned, both angry and confused, but decided to let it go. He looked at Ari with an exciting look, and jumped into her arms, making a non-expecting Ari loose balance. No matter, Zim asked;
„But tell me what exactly the Tallest said. What did they say about the amazing Ziim??" Ari smiled at his child-like nature. She started narrating the events on the Massive, Ali sometimes piping in and retelling it from her perspective. All of the three spent all rest of the day laughing and having the biggest fun of their lives.
They were really searching for one another.
Just three irkens.
Together, having fun.
Happy and content.

End.