Chapter 3

„The most important thing about humans is how they evolved from monkeys. So, in a way, they're still a monkey." Zim tried to sound very serious, but he really wasn't telling anything spectacular. Ari was looking at him with deep disinterest. She only picked the important parts, which were;

1. She has to wear a disguise. It doesn't matter if it's convincing, humans are stupid.
2. The Dib is the most annoying person on the planet.
3. Zim may have a crush on Dib.

And so, she decided to make a human hologram of herself. It's still her, just with white eyes, peachy skin, blonde hair, ears and a nose. She'll have to avoid touching people.

„So you just go to Skool in...this?" Ari asked about the ridiculous disguise Zim was wearing. It was literally just contacts and a wig.
„Yes."
„And...no one suspects you?"
„I'm telling you, only the Dib."
„But you're still green. No one asks about that?"
„Actually, no."
„That's...honestly weird."
„I try my best." Zim smiled as they entered the Skool. „Remember, do NOT try and talk to the Dib. He's very dumb and his brain may not comprehend our superior language." Zim said for the third time and Ari just rolled her eyes as she did the first time.
„Of course."
„Now, just tell everyone you're new and they will believe you." Zim said as he guided Ari trough the door.
There was a really weird set of kids in this classroom. Now, Ari was not as surprised why no one thought Zim was weird because he's green.
"Well, wouldn't it be suspicious that we came together? Based on what you told me, you're usually alone in this classroom."
„Whatever, the only person that will suspect anything is the Dib. He's always paranoid like that." Zim said as if it wasn't a big deal.
„Okay then..." there was a really weird looking teacher sitting behind the teacher's desk. She looked at Ari with the most deadly look she could manage.
„Well, class, it seems like we've got a new classmate. What's your name?" she asked in a raspy voice.
„I'm Ari." Ari said with confidence.
„Congratulations. Go take a seat." the teacher pointed to the desk right behind a boy with a really big head. He had a black lab coat and thick glasses. From what Ari knew, she assumed that was the Dib.
„I saw her come into the classroom with Zim! They're planning something!" the boy immediately yelled across the classroom.
„Enough! Let me go on with my lecture." the teacher yelled back as Ari sat down. Dib turned to her.
„You're to do something with Zim, right?!" Ari made a slight glance at Zim who was staring at her too. He was clearly saying something like "lie".
„No." she simply answered. Dib suspiciously eyed her and then turned back to the teacher.
Ari's a good liar. She never really tried to lie, she had no reason to, but it just naturally came to her. Because of her status, everyone'd believe her even the most ridiculous lie.
Now, she can actually use these skills to get this random boy out of her life.

„The classes are all very much boring and the lunchtime usually too." Zim explained as the two disguised irkens sat across each other in the cafeteria.
„Is there any serious threat other than the Dib?" Ari asked as she looked down on her food. Irkens don't need to eat, and especially not this.
„Serious? Oh, no. The Dib is just playing around. No one believes him." Zim laughed. Then, he looked at Ari's face centered on the food. „Also the food is disgusting. I would recommend you to not eat it."
„Okay. It's not like we actually need to eat, anyways." Ari rolled her eyes as she got up and went ahead to trash the food. Zim swiftly followed. „What are we going to do now? Are we just supposed to go home?"
„That's how I've come to understand it, yes." Zim nodded with a serious expression.
„Fine." Ari said as she noticed the big headed boy who was eyeing them both. „That's the Dib, right? Why's he always staring?" she asked unamused.
„WHY ARE YOU ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS?! Yes, he's always like that. Oh but when he comes to you and yells stuff to your face, that's amusing." Zim yelled as they started walking towards the cafeteria door. That's when Dib ran towards them.
„You're a part of Zim's evil plan, I know it! Are you a robot? You look human enough. I don't buy it! Zim, what are you planning?!" Dib blurted out as he tried to touch Ari. She flinched, afraid her cover would be blown.
„Leave me alone. I'm just another person human child." Ari said irritated at the boy's existence. She then proceeded to continue walking. Zim looked at the Dib with a smirk on his face.
„You'll never find out what the amazing Zim's planning, petty human." he laughed violently as he followed Ari. Before turning around the corner, he stuck his tongue out at the confused boy.
„Okay, she's definitely suspicious." Dib though as he walked back to the cafeteria to finish his meal.

Ari and Zim walked into the alien's grotesque house and Ari immediately went down to the lab.
„I'll work on my ship now. I have to draw blueprints, or maybe they'll be easier to find. But I suppose you don't have blueprints of an advanced ship such as my own." she informed Zim as she went to one of the boxes under her monitor. She looked in it and there were countless blue and white papers under a bunch of supplies. „Wonderful." she said in a monotone voice and started working. Zim watched her from behind her shoulder. Ari didn't pay attention to him at all. He had no reason to and certainly didn't have to just silently watch her. He just did. After a few minutes, he decided to stop, since it wasn't amusing if he couldn't point out mistakes she did. Because she didn't do any.

„I don't really trust her, GIR. Why should I?! Maybe she's a SPY!" Zim explained his thought to his robot companion. Zim's been suspiciously eyeing her the whole time. He even watched her sleep. But, she just seems like another normal female irken. Which is exactly why he didn't trust her. And he certainly wasn't planning on trusting her. If she's telling the truth, she'll disappear in like ten months. He had no interest whatsoever in befriending her, either. He didn't even think of it at all.

A month goes by and Ari and Zim's relationship hasn't evolved in the slightest. Ari was too busy repairing the ship, and even if she wasn't, it's not like they wanted to get closer anyway. Ari started calling her Tallest every week since they wanted her to update them on everything. They now were very happy when a transmission from Earth was sent their way, since it meant Ari. They even forgot about the fact Zim was on Earth too.
One faithful day, Zim has remembered the existence of his Tallest, and so he ordered the Computer to finally call them.
„They will be so pleased by my generous act of saving their favourite invader. They might as well make ME Tallest!" Zim laughed as the Tallest accepted the call right away.
„Huh, they never accept my calls so soon. They must be very excited." Zim snickered to himself as his two tall leaders appeared on screen.
„Hey Ari, hows- oh, it's Zim." Purple quickly went from happy to annoyed.
„My Tallest, uhh...do you already know about Ari?" Zim got confused.
„Yes, Zim. We know. She's calling us like all the time! You should expect that from her." Red explained.
„W-well then, that means you know how I bravely saved her from the filthy humans!" Zim said proudly. „I should get rewarded." he mentioned.
„What? Uhh, no." Purple said. Zim got even more desperate for the Tallest's attention now.
„But I saved your favourite invader! YOU SHOULD BE THANKING ME!" Zim smacked his fist on the control panel. „I DEMAND A PROPER REWARD!"
„STOP SCREAMING ALL THE TIME ZIM!" was suddenly heard from the second room. It was a female voice, and right after that, there was a big thud. „CRAP!"
„Hey is that Ari?" Red asked.
„Uhh, yes? Computer, put the Tallest on hold!" Zim screeched as he ran trough the door. The computer, of course, did not put them on hold.
„GET OUT OF MY WORKSPACE!"
„WHAT WAS THAT THUD?! I'M CALLING THE TALLEST, CAN'T YOU KEEP IT DOWN?!"
„YOU'RE ONE TO TALK! YOU SCREAM ALL THE TIME!"
„NOW WAIT A SECOND, YOUR WORKSPACE? I PROVIDED IT TO YOU!"
„YEAH SO NOW IT'S MINE! AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" was the last word between the two as Ari literally kicked Zim out of her room and loudly shut the door. Zim looked at the screen with his Tallest, realizing the computer in fact didn't put them on hold. The Tallest were snickering.
„GAAH!" Zim screeched as he quickly ended the call.
„Oh my. Ari's a pain in the squidly spooch." Zim sighed and sat on his chair. Meanwhile, Ari's tools were all over the floor. She dropped her tool box.
„Dammit, I have to clean all this up now..." she then cursed in irken and started putting the tools back in the tool box. „What am I doing with my life." she thought. She didn't hate Zim. She had no reason to. But she didn't like him, either. She just found him annoying at times. At many, many times.
Zim also didn't hate Ari. He just disliked her. It wasn't deep hatred. He didn't want to kill her, or harm her at all in that matter. Of course, he also didn't like her. They were both very much just not fancying each other.