Chapter 7

The Tallest Red sighed. Ari just cut the transmission and he knew very well she's angry and will probably flip a table over. He looked at his beloved fellow Tallest and knew they thought the same thing.
„This is not good." they said simultaneously and sighed.
„Stupid Zim, stupid Urth, why couldn't we just blow it up?!" Purple yelled out in frustration.
„Because the only time we got remotely close to Urth, the Massive was being controlled by Zim and we almost died? Blowing it up was the last thing we thought of." Tallest Red said and Purple remembered.
„Oh, yeah..." he said and Ali leaned in.
„If I can step in, my Tallest. If Ari could catch feeling for soemone like Zim, I think she's defective herself-"
„What are you suggesting? Our daughter is not a subject to talk about linked to being defective. She's the best invader we've had in years. Maybe she catched feelings for you too in the past, but that's not a reason to get jelous. Watch your mouth, commander Ali." Red said in an angry tone, getting closer to Ali, who backed away with a blush.
„I-I'm sorry, my Tallest." Ali said and left.
„So what are we going to do?" Red asked as he casually held Purple's claw.
„Well we can't just go to Earth. Zim's there...trying to earn the trust of our kid, Red. But we sent back-up, it should be ok." Purple smiled at Red and kissed his forehead. Red smiled back with half-closed eyes and blushed. He then picked Purple up and kissed him on the cheek and neck. When he laid him back on his feet, they hugged and laughed.
„I love you, Purp." Red said and let go.
„I find you cute too." Purple said and kissed Red on the mouth.

Ari wiped away the few tears she had and calmed down. She was afraid of ruining her mission - she never ruined her missions. Zim's a threat. She has to stop talking to him.
She left the room without cleaning her mess up and immediately saw Zim at his computer.
„So you're done screaming? What so horrible happened?" Zim chuckled. Ari looked at him with an irritated look.
„Zim, I can't believe it actually hurts to say this, but we can't work together anymore. You can help me but we shouldn't spend so much time together. It's dangerous to my...to both of our missions. We both have better things to do than be friends or whatever the humans call mutuals. The Tallest are sending back-up to help with the ship this very minute and they should be here for a month and by then, the ship should be finished. Now leave me alone unless I say I need your presence." Ari said with a shaky voice and went to her room. Zim just stared at the door she left in with the most confused look he ever made. Ari just started opening up to him and now she's like...like this again. He decided to call the Tallest.
„They...they will explain why Ari's acting all weird." Zim said to himself, genuinely worried about Ari.
The Tallest quickly picked up.
„Oh, it's...you." Red quickly spoke up with hate in his voice.
„My Tallest, is it possible you just had a call with Ari?" Zim asked, changing his tone from normal to caring.
„Why do you want to know?! Just so you can...MAKE HER SQUINTZ YOU MORE?!" Purple freaked out and Red quickly pulled Purple's head to his chest.
„Excuse me?" Zim asked, very confused.
„Don't act like you have no idea what we're talking about. She can't go five minutes without mentioning YOU and blushing!" Red said, clearly angry.
„My Tallest, I really do not know what you're talking about. She's acting very normal around me. I am asking because she just ordered me to not spend time with her and she seemed...very scared." Zim said, concerned for Ari's mental health. The Tallest looked at each other, a little confused.
„Very...scared?" Purple repeated and Zim just nodded.
„Yes. I have seen her like this...only once more. I find it very concerning, I'm sure you can understand why, since she is an adopted descendant of yours." Zim said with a bit of a blush, remembering how he "saved" Ari from the Dib once.
„Zim, we just yelled at her a bit because...well, because she's spending time with you. As I understood, it'll no longer be an issue, yes?" Red said after a while. Zim felt disappointed all of a sudden. He really squint Ari and not spending time with her...
„Yes, my Tallest." Zim said in the end.
„And Zim, a ridiculous question - do you think of Ari as a mate?" Purple asked. Red quickly looked at him with a very angry look, but Purple just shrugged and awaited a response. Zim's eyes widened. He did, he really did. He thought about what he'd say, how he'd defend himself, but then he just decided to say it, whatever the consequences.
„Yes, my Tallest." Zim said, voice shaky and eyes closed, as he expected to get yelled at.
„Zim, this is exactly why you're on Urth. Stay away from Ari! She'd get confused again. All those emotions are dangerous to her mission!" Purple said and sighed. „End of transmission." he added as he ordered the irken who managed calls to hang up.
Zim stared at his screen blankly.
„Ari...squintz me too?" he slowly got excited. „Yes! I shall confess!" he got up his chair filled with determination...and quickly got sad again. „But...I don't want to disturb her if she doesn't want to be..." he thought and sat back. „I'll simply wait!"

Meanwhile, Ari sat down on her chair. She hated being so mean to Zim, she never hated telling someone to fuck off, but this really hurt. Her squeedilyspooch-heart sank and she wanted to cry, but she wouldn't let herself.
„I-I can't like Zim. I really shouldn't feel this way, this- this squintz way. And I shouldn't think Zim could be my mate. Dads aren't happy about it...but he's so cute and fun. Irkdammit!" Ari kicked her table and looked at her ship. The back-up was really needed, otherwise it would take maybe three or more months. That's just ridiculous...

In about twenty hours, the back-up arrived. Ari greeted it with the most demanding attitude she ever had. It was about ten irkens and all of them were skilled engineers. Ari told them what was needed to be fixed and they got to work. Zim stayed at his desk, occasionally stealing Ari's looks, which weren't really the best. Ari mostly frowned at him or blushed and embarrassingly looked away. Zim then decided to just go over to her.
„Ari, I know what you said, but-"
„Zim, do you really think I have time to listen to your cute nonsense?" Ari asked and quickly blushed. Zim's eyes widened and he blushed as well.
„Cute?" Zim repeated with curiosity in his voice. Ari realized what she said and blushed a dark blue.
„N-no!" Ari yelled and Zim smirked. „I shouldn't talk to you that much, I think." she said and bit her lip. Zim had no idea what to say, so he went with the first thing on his mind.
„I know you don't want to be here or whatever-" Zim layed his palm on Ari's shoulder and Ari's eyes twitched. „-but I'll listen if you need to say boring stuff."
„Okay, Zim. My mission is really important and I never failed a mission before, but...I'm just so sure about this. About us. That I squintz you."
„Actually, I squintz you too...or whatever." Zim said and blushed a bit. Ari looked at him, glad. They looked each other in the eyes and then awkwardly hugged.
„Zim, if I'll continue my mission, we'll never see each other again. I'd rather just give up..." Ari said and pulled Zim closer.
„But you can't. You have to do it. For the Tallest, for Irk." Zim said. „For once, I'm not going to be selfish and I'll let you do your work. You can visit me again after." Zim said and broke the hug, still holding Ari's hand.
„Okay." Ari said and looked at Zim. His big magenta eyes were filled with happiness and it made Ari blush. She layed her palm on Zim's cheek and they stared at each other satisfyingly.
She actually loved it on Earth.