The Bombing

A/N: Okay so I was encouraged by  @TAENGTAENA to write a part two of this because I was mean and left it with a lot of loose ends. So instead of writing a second book, I'm just gonna pick the book up again and write some more chapters. So here we go again, Wolverine's Child everyone.

The darkness seemed to close in on me. Claustrophobia spilled through the walls of my brain and doubt blanketed my soul. I wouldn't be able to stay here very long. But if I made one move, they would find me. I would be discovered and it would all be over. The muscles in my legs ached from my awkward position and cramp was a very real possibility. I couldn't do it anymore. I needed to move. The risks were great but my limbs couldn't take it. I extended myself from my position and felt the relief of the cut off blood flowing back to where it was needed. Before I could react, A hand was placed on my shoulder and I whipped around to see the person I was hiding from.

"Found ya." Johnny grinned as he spoke and my posture dropped.

"This sucks I'm terrible at this game." He grabbed my hand while I complained and we headed over to the other students who had been found. "Why are we playing hide n' seek anyway? WE are way to old for it." I knew the other guys agreed but The teacher was adamant on us learning to hide and protect ourselves, especially since Magneto had gotten into a bad habit off attacking the school.

"You know why Morgan," Scott Summers, our teacher, came up behind me. "We need to learn how to act in an emergency. What if Magneto came to the school again? You need to learn how to hide and keep hidden." I still didn't get it.

"Yeah but he can literally find me almost instantly by looking for these." I extract my claws showing the metal glinting in the sun." And my mutation is more useful for assault, not keeping hidden." Summers opened and shut his mouth, clearly at a loss for an answer to my argument so I knew I had won. Johnny smirked behind me, draping an arm over my shoulder and leading me away laughing quietly and whispering,

"That's my girl."

***

Everyone was found and we still had twenty minutes before lunch so Johnny, Bobby, Rogue and I sat under a tree in the grounds to chat. Johnny pulled me onto his lap and Rogue cuddled into Bobby.

"I still think I'm the best at that game," Bobby gloated. He was the second to last one found and that was only because the last contender could turn invisible, which we all voted was cheating.

"Well at least we can agree that Morgan is the worst," Rogue says with a smile which brings a laugh out of the two boys and a scowl out of me.

"Fine. But I'm still the one who is most likely to survive," I fired back.

"Okay fine, truce," Rogue laughed along with me as Johnny wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

"That's right. My girl is stronger than all of us combined. Okay maybe except you Rogue. You nearly killed her dad so you could probably do that to any of us." Rogue's expression faltered at Johnny's words, obviously still ashamed of her abilities.

"Dude," Bobby hissed. "Not cool." I shifted in Johnny's lap to let him know I wasn't comfortable with what he said and he shut up, quickly apologizing to Rogue. But when he mentioned my dad, I thought about that fact that I hadn't talked to him in about a month. The last time we had seen each other without awkwardly looking away or changing direction away from each other, was when he saw me with Johnny for the first time and I accidentally called him 'Dad'.

Speak of the devil. Logan walked outside, hands shoved into the pockets of his brown leather jacket, and a thick, smoking cigarette hanging out of his mouth which was quickly snatched by Mr. Summers.