Interrogation

Morgan's POV

Charles called Scott to come with us as backup as we went to talk to this 'Mystique.' "So what exactly is her mutation?" Charles was keeping an even speed with me and Scott and Logan were behind us. "Mystique has a unique mutation where she can alter her DNA to match the one of anyone she sees."

That was cool. Her natural state I'm guessing was this blue person sitting in a chair with her hands cuffed behind her. She gave a sly smile when she saw us and sat up straighter. "Welcome back. And you brought a friend." An angry red flush crept up my neck and I stared daggers at her but she didn't react.

"Why are you here, Mystique?" Scott was the one asking the questions. We could do it the easy way and have Charles read her mind, but Charles had insisted we give her a chance first. "I was sent here for her." Mystique's head nodded in my direction.

"And we succeeded. I just wasn't there to keep an eye on you while Magneto was busy. Otherwise you wouldn't have been rescued in the first place. I thought a girl of your descendant would have been harder to catch. I guess not."

I clenched my hands into fists and tensed. "How disappointing that you had to have daddy save you." I'm not putting up with this shit. "Right. That's it. I'm hurting her." I stepped forward but Logan and Scott grabbed my arms and had to physically restrain me from clawing Mystique's eyes out.

Charles got in front of me and stared at the prisoner. Mystique glared back but Charles was already in her head. "What do you see?" Logan gritted his teeth as he spoke. I was stronger than I looked and the two of them were struggling to hold me back. Charles didn't speak. I looked over at him. His eyes weren't glassy which indicated he was no longer looking in her head.

He had seen what he wanted and wasn't telling us. But if Mystique was of no further use. . . My claws extracted. I knew I would regret it later, but I flexed my wrist to catch Logan in the ribs. He grunted in pain and let go of my arm. I then retracted my claws to help get my other one free. Scott must have been worried I would hurt him too, and it was easy to finally get free.

Smiling at my success, I advance on the blue creature with my weapons fully extended. "Morgan" I ignored Charles. He was't going to tell me what to do. And he couldn't force me either. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Scott lunge at me but I expertly dodged. Logan was quicker, he grabbed my shoulder but my leg flew back, kicking him square in the chest and sending him tumbling.

Now for Mystique. I quickened my pace and was just scratching the surface of her leg when I froze to the spot. Fuck! Not again. Logan felt it too and yelled out in an attempt to reach me. Scott was free to move and grabbed my shoulder and pulled me out of the way, just as a metal spike plunged into where I had been standing a second ago.

Xavier put a hand to his head and turned around with his eyes closed. In an instant, the pain and intensity of my paralyzed position, released. I collapsed against Scott's body, exhausted from my desperate attempts to move. "Charles!" The yell came from above. The roof of the building lifted clean off, to reveal Magneto, with his mammoth of a minion, who currently had a hand around his throat. "Release me."

It dawned on me that Charles wasn't controlling Magneto. He was controlling the body guard. A thick metal rod lifted from the ground and pointed itself straight at me. "Release me now." The weapon got closer and closer, slowly digging into my abdomen.

I was paralyzed again. I couldn't move my body and I screamed out in anguish. "CHARLES!" Charles' face looked conflicted. But he exhaled and relaxed himself. The metal stopped moving, and I was able to move.

Slowly, painfully, I removed the rod from my flesh, doing my best not to look like I was in too much pain. Truth be told, it was excruciating. I fell onto the floor as the wound healed, breathing heavily. Logan was at my side in an instant, double checking if I was okay. The cut I had given him had completely healed over, but I still felt guilty.

"I'm sorry." I tried to apologize but he just shook his head. "No. You have nothing to be sorry about. I just need to know you're okay." It was nice to have someone who cared. In response, I smiled and nodded my head. "Um, guys?" I turned to Scott who was looking at Mystique. Or rather, where Mystique had been a second ago. She was gone. "FUCK!"