[02.] cold and wet

<3

Art by @mmimmzel on Twitter!

-

They stepped inside the throne room, and (Name)'s eyes immediately went to the large Zora sitting on an enormous throne.

"Sweet mother of Jesus, he's huge," (Name) remarked as her eyes scanned the scene in front of her. Beside the Big blue Zora stood a smaller, green Zora that looked fairly old, and was scowling quite intensely. On the other side was a red Zora, who was very tall, and was decorated with many ornate silver pieces of jewellery.

The red one seemed to have the biggest crest among the Zora, (not counting the large one in the chair of course), and if (Name) had to guess, she would assume that the big one on the throne was the king and that this was his son, Prince Sidon. The three seemed to be talking to an... elf?

This creature definitely seemed more human than the Zora, but he had pointed ears, unlike (Name)'s own, who were rounded. He was shorter than expected, and he carried many things on him which was quite surprising, but (Name) assumed he was stronger than he looked. He had to be, he was carrying so many things. A sword, a bow, and a crudely fashioned shield were all strapped to his back. What the hell? Is this some crazy RPG? Why does he have so many weapons? (Name) then spotted a familiar-looking slate around his waist.

Huh. She thought. Maybe he'll know what this thing does.

"Prince Sidon!" Mei called.

"You were looking for a Hylian, yes? Well, I found one! She was by the waterfalls west of here, although I have no idea what she was doing out so far,"

The room all turned to look at (Name).

"This is... uh... I'm sorry, I never asked for your name...?"

"(Name)," replied the girl, taking off her jacket to wring out the sleeves.

"Wonderful!" exclaimed the red Zora, "Not one, but two Hylians! This is perfect! Vah Ruta won't stand a chance!"

"You have got to be kidding me! Another Hylian? They can't be trusted!" shouted the green Zora.

"Um... sorry to interrupt... but what's a Hylian?" (Name) asked. Everyone turned to look at her again. They all seemed dumbfounded.

"A-and, where are we? I just want to go home, but it doesn't seem like home is anywhere near... here..."

"See! That one lost his memory, and this one's just plain stupid!" The green one yelled again. (Name) frowned. She was liking this Zora less and less.

(Name) was also very confused. The Prince and the green Zora were arguing over why Hylians should or shouldn't be trusted, and she had a mild headache already that was only getting worse. She wasn't at home, in fact, she didn't believe she was anywhere near it, and she was cold and wet and very overwhelmed. (Name) just wanted to collapse in her warm bed in her own apartment. She was exhausted.

Mei placed a hand on (Name)'s shoulder, and it was all (Name) could do to keep the tears from spilling over and on to her cheeks. The boy standing in front of the King sent her a sympathetic look. He was still trying to deal with his own memory loss, but at least he had some form of guidance.

"That's enough out of you Muzu," a booming voice echoed. "Young (Name), tell us how you got here and where you're from, and maybe we can help send you home," The King said as turned to the small woman.

(Name) inhaled and exhaled softly to calm her nerves as she began to speak.

"I'm from (city) and I live about a 5-minute walk from the main (college) campus. As for how I got here, I'm... not really sure," (Name) looked up at Mei who gave her an encouraging look.

"I was walking back to my apartment this afternoon, and then there was this really bright light and these voices that told me to help them and set them free or something, and to find and unite the champions, and seal a... him and the darkness away? And then I woke up here, by a pond, with nothing but my phone," (Name) held up her phone to the group. "And... what I think is called a Sheikah Slate?" (Name) held up the slate in her other hand.

Everyone seemed taken aback.

"(Name)... Are you a champion as well?" The king spoke.

"Champion? Not that I know of... I'm just tired and I want to go home. I have a big exam coming up and I really need to study. I recorded the lecture and took notes, but goddamn, Shakespeare wrote a lot. Also, I'm cold, and wet and overall, not very happy." (Name) finished.

The room was silent for a few beats until the king spoke up once more.

"Alright. This is a lot to process. (Name), Link, feel free to stay the night whilst we contemplate what to do. Mei, I know you just returned, but would you escort our friend here to the inn? I'm not sure if we have any Hylian garb, but ask around, maybe one of the travellers could spare some. As for you, Link, we would like to discuss this quest a bit further with you, if that's alright." Link nodded, and Mei guided (Name) out of the throne room.

-

I had such bad writer's block w this one lol I hate writing dialogue >:( It took me a week to come back and finish this hahaaaa. I'm excited about the next chapters though, I think those will be more fun to read and write. Sorry this is so short, I'm gonna try to spit the next chapters out quicker lol

Word count: 967

Edited