[04.] apples

<3

Art by @_Tenjin on Reddit !

-

(Name) inhaled, letting the cool air fill her lungs. The trees hung overhead, casting a shadow over her as she sat, shading her from the sun overhead. Leaning back against the trunk of a large tree, she closed her eyes, trying to relax in this serene landscape. Keyword: trying. Link had told her to wait there while he went to fight some bokoblins. Unfortunately, bokoblins weren't the most silent creatures around, and Link was anything but quiet.

(Name) tried her best to ignore the ruckus, and she let out a sigh of relief when she heard the last bokoblin scream and dissipate into purple mist, defying the laws of natural science. She peeked over at Link who was now diligently collecting the fallen monster parts and putting them in his bag. He jogged back over to (Name), giving her a small smile.

"Ready to go?" He asked, reaching his hand out towards her. She smiled back and took his hand, letting him pull her up.

"Yup!" she replied, popping the p. It had only been an hour or so since the pair left Zora's domain, and Link had battled monsters left and right. He wasn't the most chatty guy, but he answered her many questions calmly, keeping his at bay. He figured he'd get his answers from Impa, who seemed to know just about everything.

"There's a stable nearby, we should be able to grab my horse and hopefully make it to Kakariko before dark," Link said, staring up through the trees to look at the sun. (Name) nodded, and started to walk alongside him as they continued up the dirt road to the stable. She was definitely glad that they would be able to get a ride, as her feet were starting to hurt immensely.

I've done so much goddamn walking that my legs better be ripped as hell after this. (Name) thought, snorting softly at herself. Link shot her a questioning look, but she just waved him away.

-

Not long after they continued up the dirt road, they were met with a tall structure that was tent-like, covered in many mismatched fabrics. A large animal head stood on top, which (Name) assumed was a horse of some sort, which she supposed would make sense because it was a stable.

"Listen, I've gotta talk to Beedle. I need more arrows and I need to sell some things. Go up to the guy up there and ask for Epona. They'll bring her to you," Link gestured to the desk at the front of the stable. "Come over to me once you've got her. We can't spend too much time here."

(Name) nodded before walking up to the man at the desk, but not before sneaking a glance at Link, who was jogging over to a small, comical-looking man with an enormous beetle shaped bag on his back. (Name) chuckled a bit before asking the man for Epona.

"Ah! The silver bay! Of course! Give me a moment to bring her out to you,"

"Sure!" (Name) replied, and she walked over to a few crates with a couple of apples sitting on top. She took them, thinking that Epona might appreciate them.

"Miss! Here's your horse! She's a real beauty," The man called, and (Name) walked over. He handed her the reins. (Name) smiled at him, and he turned to leave.