[11.] warmth

<3

氷室ゆきちこ on Pixiv ! link (lol) --> https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/90603365 um can we plEASE TALK ABOUT HOW ATTRACTIVE BOTW 2 LINK IS OMFG HIS HAIR DOWN- STOP I'M LITERALLY GOING TO PASS AWAY SNSJDJFAH

-

The trek through Hebra wasn't easy. It was freezing cold, and (Name) had to keep urging Sage to go faster to evade camouflaged monsters. Both she and her horse were nearing their limit, and (Name) was keeping an eye out for a safe spot to rest. She could see the tower nearing, and was praying the little "test" wasn't going to be a bunch of monsters she had to fight. She'd deal with whatever she had to though.

As the tower grew closer, the sky grew darker, and the winds grew harsher. The snowfall was thickening, and her visibility was not great. Squinting her eyes, she looked further into the distance, and relief washed over her when she spotted a soft glow near the tower. Kicking Sage into a gallop, they sped up along the snowy winter path.

(Name) pulled on Sage's reins so he slowed down, and turned him onto a short path lined with many large wooden moose statues. The path led them to a small cabin, and a short man with poofy white hair stood out front, patting an enormous snowball. The tower was right above them, and (Name) was thankful for the short distance they would have to travel.

She walked Sage over to the man and slid off his back. The man heard her boots in the snow and looked up with a wide smile.

"Hello, traveller! I am Pondo! What brings you here? Oh! Don't tell me, is it my world-famous snowball bowling? Ahh, I'm right, aren't I?" He said eagerly. (Name) smiled, but shook her head.

"I'm afraid not, sir. I've never heard of snowball bowling. Ah- but, I'm from very, very far away, and I would most definitely like to try sometime!" she added quickly after seeing the slightly dejected look on his face. He brightened up instantly.

"But of course! Anytime, dear. You and your horse do look quite cold though. Listen, you're free to stay here overnight whenever. Get some rest before you play. I want my players to be in tip-top condition!" (Name) beamed.

"Thank you so much. You don't know how much I appreciate this," Pondo waved her away.

"Don't worry about it! You're welcome anytime. Your horse too," He said and resumed building his massive snowball. (Name) grabbed Sage's reins and led him over to the side of the house, and then built a small campfire so he'd stay warm. Patting his neck, she fed him a few apples and murmured praises to him for braving the cold for so long, which he seemed to appreciate.

It was fully dark by now, and (Name) walked into the small cabin and shrugged off her bag. There was a bed to one side of the house, and a desk and a few shelves rested on the other. In the middle, on the far wall sat a stone fireplace, a warm fire already crackling away underneath a cooking pot.

Removing her shoes and undoing the leather breastplate on her snowquill top, she changed into her old shirt from home and brought her foodstuffs to the cooking pot. Sitting down in front of the hearth, she let the warmth of the fire thaw her cold bones before starting to prepare her dinner.

She lay a cloth on the ground and started chopping up meat from a boar she had slain earlier. She crushed salt and herbs together into a rub and started massaging it into the meat. Placing it into the pot, she let the meat cook until a thick glaze started to form under it, and then added chopped up carrots and radishes with it. She waited until the veggies were cooked and then placed everything into a bowl with rice.