[14.] rito scenery is good for the soul

<3

@/onisuu on deviantart !! i love link no ponytail >:) Gender-neutral pronouns from now on! enjoy this slightly longer chapter :D

-

To say Rito Village was stunning was an understatement. The air was so cool and fresh, and although you were expecting to be freezing, it was actually a pleasant cool temperature, like in the middle of autumn. It was definitely a stark contrast to the frigid temperatures of the Hebra. You yearned for the feeling of the breeze on your skin, but you were still bundled in thick winter layers.

As you walked the bridges that connected the sky village to the ground, you made a point to not look down at the lake below you. Sure, the bridges were sturdy, but that didn't mean you weren't a little put-off by the drop. You nodded to the guard you passed on the way up. You didn't want to stare, but you were amazed by them. Their plumage was so vibrant, and it was incredible that they were able to hold anything due to the fact they had feathers for hands.

Suddenly, a gust of wind hit your left side, but it wasn't directed towards you. The wind flew up, a gust that propelled people into the air, and caught them when their descent fell too far downwards. You noted it in your mind as a good place to perhaps try out your new paraglider.

You took your time on the bridges, partly because they were long, but also because you appreciated the stops of solid land in between them. There were sparkling ponds brimming with lively fish, and calm deer stopped to graze on the bright grass. You were excited to be able to change into something less warm, as your clothing felt too tight for this relaxed atmosphere.

You finally reached the main village formation, and walked leisurely up the steps. There, you were met with a rather small statue of Hylia, but obviously well-loved, as a fresh flower crown sat atop her head, and a pile of wildflowers was left at her feet. Moss grew from cracks in her weathered stone surface, and her face, although faded and worn by years of weather and love, held a soft smile, one that made your lips curl too. A familiar warmth enveloped you for a moment, making your fingers tingle and your skin glow ever so slightly.

The wood beneath your feet was surprisingly well kept after years of use. Well, minimal use you supposed, as you assumed many of the Rito flew from place to place. Although there was a railing, there were also many places where small platforms would jut out over the lake, providing a comfortable ledge for takeoffs and landings. On one near you, a blue rito sat, admiring the sky. He notices you, and smiles, the brilliant sunset reflecting in his bright hazel eyes.

"Hey! I'm Fyson. I don't think I've seen a Hylian like you around. You new here?" He asks. You nod and walk closer, standing next to him on the platform.

"Yes. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. It's gorgeous," you breathe, and he seems to smile with pride.

"I think everyone here agrees. Although," he sighs, "I wish I could leave. My parents feel so overbearing and controlling. I just want to get out and see the world. I don't want to be stuck here running their shop. If only they would let me leave and pursue my own entrepreneurial passions," He looks to the horizon, and the yearning is evident in his eyes. You stifle a giggle, and he looks up at you in offense.

"No, no!" You say, quick to clarify, "You just remind me of myself. I get it," You smile down at him, remembering how badly you wanted to get out of your town and away from your parents, wanting to finally feel like an adult.

"It seems to have worked out for you then. I bet you're pretty far from home," He says, and your nostalgic smile faded to a melancholy one as thoughts of your home returned.