[03.] greetings and farewells

<3

Art by @raza_n on Reddit!!

-

(Name)'s eyes fluttered open as the pattering of rain reached her ears. Sitting up, (Name) immediately realized that was the wrong decision as the cold air reached her skin. She quickly wrapped the blanket around her shoulders again. The girl let out a sigh as she realized that she was still in Zora's domain, and that last night was not, in fact, a dream. (Name) stood up, still encased in the blanket, as she scurried across the cold floor to retrieve her clothes, cold marble floor stinging the pads of her feet.

They were dry now, thankfully, and she quickly put them on, eager to get out of the cold. She put on her white shirt under her black slip dress that she was wearing the day before and tugged on some thicker pants that a traveller had given her last night. Luckily her dress was thin and short enough to tuck in the pants without any ugly bunching. She then donned her jacket, thankful that she had chosen her big corduroy one with the thick fleece lining. (or something else girl idrk you can change it if u want- reader is going to be wearing lots of different things later on so this doesn't rlly matter)

Suddenly there was a loud rapping on (Name)'s door.

"Come in!" (Name) called as she slipped her phone into her pocket and clipped the slate to a leather hook on her new pants. She turned to the door expecting Mei, but instead, she was faced with the same large red Zora from before.

"Uhm... hi?" (Name) said, slightly taken aback. Now that he was right in front of her, his height was intimidating. He was a good ways above her.

"Hello, young one! I am Sidon, prince of the Zora!" He flashed a dazzling smile.

"I'm (Name) (Last Name), nice to meetcha" (Name) smiled right back, and took his large hand in her small one, giving it a firm shake. Sidon felt his heart flutter a bit, as her small hand was completely encased in his large one.

"I do apologise for my rude behaviour last night. I meant to introduce myself sooner, as I usually do to charming women such as yourself," (Name) chuckled a bit at this, "Although I was so caught up in the excitement of this whole ordeal, that by the time I realized I hadn't spoken to you, it was quite late."

"Oh, no worries! I was hoping to get some answers today though. I still have no clue as to what's happening, and my phone has no service here. I guess that's to be expected though because it seems like this place is a little more than off-grid," (Name) replied, running her fingers through her hair absentmindedly.

"Ah! That reminds me! I think Link wanted to talk to you about that. He says he knows someone who might be able to help you out. He's willing to take you there as well! I'll take you to him now," Sidon said, grinning once more, deciding not to mention the fact that he hadn't the faintest idea what the girl was talking about.

"Thank you, uh, your highness?" (Name) replied, as she stepped out of the room and shut the door behind her.

"Sidon will do fine. Don't worry about the formalities." Sidon replied, and (Name) giggled a little bit, walking up beside him.

"Well alrighty, Sidon. Where to?" His name rolled off her tongue so beautifully, and he cleared his throat to fight the heat creeping up his neck.

"I told him we'd meet him at Mipha. He's up collecting shock arrows from the Lynel up on top of Shatterback point," Sidon stated as the pair started to walk down the long halls together.