New Addition

So uh... it's been 3 months. 3 whole months and I haven't written a word for this update. I'm sorry, I really am. I just completely lost motivation for a while, and it was so much easier to just drop this and not worry about it, then force myself to work on it. There aren't any excuses for not updating for this long, but know I am sorry for it regardless. On the other hand, I still do intend on finishing this story for all of you. So, without further ado, here is the next chapter of The Great War.

Third P.O.V.

The boats cut through the black water with a sense of grief. The air was thick with tension, and it was silent as the ships sailed through the night. No one felt like talking, as a large majority of them had just lost their home, one many had lived in for centuries. Even the Greeks sat in silence, understanding that the Norse were going through something beyond painful at the moment.

Eventually though, all things must come to an end. "Magnus, know that you are all welcome with the Greek pantheon until we can reclaim Valhalla." Percy offers, speaking to the young teen who held his head in his hands.

Slowly, the enharji looked up. "Thanks Percy. I- I just can't believe we lost. The good guys never lose. We're supposed to win against insurmountable odds, it happens in every hero story!" says Magnus.

"Yeah, well we unfortunately don't live in a book. Although, I must agree. I can't believe we lost." Percy says, taking a seat on the floor next to Magnus. "Don't blame yourself though. There was no way to expect that Valhalla could even BE invaded. If anything, this is my fault. If only I hadn't angered Nyx, and fought harder against Erebus-"

SLAP! "Perseus Jackson, do not start blaming yourself for this. It's like you said, there was no reason to expect Valhalla would be invaded. You angered Nyx to survive, and if you hadn't, we would have all died in the 2nd Giant War. Now, get off your self pitying butt and start acting like the man you are." Artemis demands, standing over her husband.

"I knew I loved you." Percy says, standing up and pecking his wife on the lips. "Arty is right, now isn't the time to feel sorry for ourselves. We have to plan our next move, and ready ourselves for a potential second attack. My powers tell me we were spat out near Boston. We'll sail north to Camp Half-Blood, get you guys settled in, and plan from there. Annabeth, call Carter and Sadie and tell them we are out of time. Tell them we have to meet soon, or we won't have the opportunity to do so at all."

Percy was glowing with a subtle white and gold aura, his domains of life and demigods at work here. While they may not be Greek demigods, many of the valhalla residents were Norse demigods, and therefore fell under his domain.

Line Break

The collective of warriors finally reached Camp. The Norse had made it out of Valhalla with a mere fraction of their numbers, to the point where it wouldn't be impossible to house them all at camp. Don't get it wrong, there were still thousands of them, but not the tens or hundreds of thousands there could have been. Many were stuck in Valhalla, likely being held hostage as they were unable to be permanently killed there.

However, everyone knows Percy could never get a break. Mere moments after they arrived at Camp, an alarm went off that meant a demigod was arriving at the border, likely with a monster chasing them.

Sighing, Percy leapt into action, flying to the border as fast as he could, hoping to save this demigod. What he saw surprised him however.

There was a girl, with dark hair, dark eyes, and pale skin fighting 2 hellhounds with knives as she ran towards the barrier. Percy uncapped Riptide and charged one of the hellhounds, killing it in moments.

"Look out!" shouted the girl. Percy heard a knife whistle past his ear and embed itself in the second hellhound, which had been about to land on top of him.

"Thanks kid." Percy said. Taking a closer look, Percy noticed the girl was around 16, and quite looked like a female version of Nico, as Bianca had had a tanish skin.

"I'm not a kid." grumbled the girl. "My name is Esra, and I'm the daughter of Hades." As if those words summoned it, the symbol of Hades, his helmet of shadows, appeared over Esra's head.

"Nice to meet you cousin. I"m Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon. Let's get you settled in."

That's where I'm gonna leave it. Short, I know, but I need a jumping off point of sorts. Esra will have an important part to play in the upcoming war, so I wanted this to kind of be her chapter, introducing her at least. Don't get mad at me for using a 3 month break to introduce an OC, but there may be more to Esra than first reaches the eye...