4- Alicia Stewart and the Past

Alicia fiddled with her charm bracelet. She did this when she missed her mom, or when she was nervous. She hadn't told anyone, but she had a feeling that something bad was going to happen.

"Um, Mr. Beaver, if you don't mind me asking, how did you know my parents? My mother, actually." Alicia asked, hesitating a little.

"Oh, yes, yes. How silly of me! It's a bit of a long story dear." Mr. Beaver said. He took a deep breath before he began.

"Long long ago, when Jadis was made, so was another human, her sister. Jadis didn't like her, she treated her like she meant nothing to her. The only reason Jadis kept her sister alive was because she wanted an heir or heiress.

Jadis couldn't and can't love, so she left the job for an heir or heiress, a soldier to her sister. Jadis had the powers of ice, while her sister had powers of fire. Jadis was cold hearted, while her sister was kind. She'd never let her out of the sight of her wolves. But one day, Jadis' sister had enough and escaped.

Now, they say that there's few that go in there that come back.

Jadis' sister's name... was Electra." Mr. Beaver said, and paused, waiting for Alicia to react, but the young witch only frowned, looking at the table since the story began. When he didn't get any reaction, he continued.

"was kind to all in Narnia, she knew Aslan, and went to him for help after running away. Aslan helped her, and shaped her in a warrior. She could fight with-" Mr. Beaver said, Alicia cut him off, still not lifting her eyes.

"A sword, a dagger, a bow and quiver and was great at dueling with her wand." she said. Peter took her hand that was under the table and gently squeezed it, which she returned.

"Yes, you are right Alicia. One day, after a few years of Electra training in secret after running away, a man tumbled in Narnia. No one knew why, or how. He was found by Aslan and he ordered Electra to train the man. The man's name was Alan Stewart, your father Alicia. He and your mother fell in love and two years later had you.

When the witch found out that you were born, she wanted you. She wanted to turn you as cold as herself, so Aslan ordered your father to take you and go away. He obeyed and took you to his world, where he raised you. He taught you how to fight, not only with magic, a little bit of combat as well, because Aslan had ordered him.

Electra stayed behind, she wanted to fight against her sister and free Narnia when the right time came, and she still is. She's here with Aslan preparing your army," Mr. Beaver concluded. Alicia looked up in shock and let out a humorless chuckle.

"You can't be serious? I was told she died giving birth to me," Alicia said, her voice low and hollow.

"That's what they were ordered to tell ya, she's alive and with Aslan, making your army." Mr. Beaver said happily.

"Then why were you so excited when you saw me, if she's alive it shouldn't be a surprise that you saw me," Alicia said.

"It is, dear, she can't come out of the camp of your army," Mrs. Beaver said.

"What do you mean our army?" Alicia asked.

"Oh yes, we forgot to tell ya the prophecy. Aslan himself is waiting for you at the Stone Table." Mr. Beaver said.

"When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone, Sits at Cair Paravel in throne, The evil time will be over and done. Four siblings will reign alongside another Queen, not related by blood but by love and friendship," Mr. Beaver recited.

"And... you think we're the ones?" Peter asked.

"Well ya better be, 'cause Aslan's already preparing your army." Mr. Beaver said.

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asked, speaking up for the first time.

"Who's Aslan? Who's Aslan? You cheeky little bugger!" Mr. Beaver said, laughing. When he saw that they were being serious he stopped.

"You really don't know do you?" he asked.

"Well we haven't been here for a long time." Peter said. He was still holding Alicia's hand.

"Well he's the only king of Narnia, the real king of Narnia the top geezer!" Mr. Beaver said.

"He's been gone for a long time" Mrs. Beaver informed.

"But he's back and he's waiting for you at the Stone Table," Mr. Beaver said.

"Does Aslan look like this?" Alicia asked, removing the sketch she was making before, well before they came here.

"Yes, yes, that's him!" Mr. Beaver said, and Alicia's eyes widened.

"How did I draw this?" she asked herself. This could only mean one thing, one thing Dumbledore had told her, and it was coming true.

*Flashback*

It was when Alicia was mourning. She decided to visit Dumbledore and talk to him.

"Chocolate frogs," she muttered the password.

"Come in," came the voice of Albus Dumbledore as she knocked on the door.

Alicia walked and saw that Dumbledore was near his table, petting his phoenix, Fawkes.

"Ah, Alicia, come in." he said. Dumbledore had turned when he heard footsteps.

"How may I help you, dear?" he asked as he sat on his chair, his eyes twinkling behind his half moon glasses.

"Sir, I have these... powers, as you know. But why me?" Alicia asked as she sat on the chair in front of Dumbledore.

"No one knows, dear child, but I know one thing, these powers will increase, and you will get even more powers." Dumbledore informed.

"What?!" she exclaimed. Weren't these enough?

"Yes, child. These powers will show themselves when you meet your soulmate, when you fall in love with someone." Dumbledore explained. Alicia scoffed.

"That will NEVER happen. I will NEVER FALL IN LOVE." Alicia said.

"Everyone falls in love, dear. And you will know that you fell in love when you discover more powers."

"Then, for the first time, I will prove you wrong." Alicia said, and Dumbledore just smiled in a mischievous way.

"Bye sir, it was nice talking to you," Alicia said, and without hearing anything she ran out the door. She had felt a lot better after talking to Dumbledore.

"Ally?" Lucy asked.

"Huh?" Alicia asked, snapping out of her trance.

"Ed's with the witch and her wolves are here, we have to go." Lucy explained and Alicia nodded.

They had no idea what was coming next.

qotd: last movie you watched on netflix or disney+

aotd: to the beat