6- Whose Sleigh?

"Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table. Just across the frozen river." Mr. Beaver said and everyone except Mrs. Beaver looked at him like he had gone crazy.

"River?" Peter and Alicia asked together. They looked at each other for a moment then looked away.

"Oh, the river has been frozen solid for a hundred years." Mrs. Beaver reassured.

The Pevensies and Alicia stared off in distance. It was so big, it seemed to go on and on forever, but some hope ignited in them as it meant Aslan's camp was near.

"It's so far," Peter said.

"It's the world dear, did you expect it to be small?" Mrs. Beaver asked.

Um...?

Yes?

For them it was just a wardrobe, of course they expected it to be small. Except Lucy and Alicia of course.

"Smaller." Susan said, looking at Peter. She simply strode past them. It was clear Susan still blamed Peter for Edmund being captured by Alicia's aunt.

The hiking was getting quite easier as there was less snow. The arrival of the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve was bringing hope to Narnia.

Even the nature rejoiced as the snow was slowly, but surely, disappearing.

There were some slippery parts near the river, and they had to be careful. The beavers and Lucy were walking ahead, Susan behind them, and lastly, Alicia and Peter. They didn't talk much, mostly because they were exhausted.

"Come on humans, while we're still young," Mr. Beaver said. He had probably commanded them to walk fast for the umpteenth time.

"If he tells us to worry one more time," Peter said, stopping so Lucy could climb on his back, "I'm gonna turn him into a big fluffy hat," he said.

"You know, I could actually make that happen," Alicia said, and after a moment of imagining how Mr. Beaver would look as a hat, they burst out laughing, which was cut short by Mr. Beaver calling them once again.

"Hurry up, come on!" he exclaimed.

"He is getting a little bossy." Lucy said.

"No, it's her, behind you!" Mr. Beaver said, and they saw a sleigh behind them. Peter dropped Lucy and they started to run. Alicia had a feeling that this wasn't the White Witch, but ran anyway. There was loud jingling of bells which everyone but Alicia ignored.

'This definitely isn't her.' Alicia thought, as they hid in a small tunnel. And guess where she was.

On someone's side.

And that someone was...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Peter Pevensie.

Why? Why does life hate her?