7- I can't control it!

i don't know how to feel about peter in this chapter, tbh.

"It's only a matter of time." Peter spoke, standing in the middle of the room.

A Telmarine scout had been spotted near their grounds. It meant that they had found the Narnians hiding spot, putting the Narnians in danger. It also denoted that it was a matter of time before the Telmarines would attack. 

It also slimmed their chances of keeping the element of surprise- something they needed greatly. 

The council had gathered around the Stone Table to discuss their matters. 

"Miraz's men and war machines are on their way- that means those same men aren't protecting the castle." the High King continued.

"What do you propose we do, Your Majesty?" Reepicheep asked, looking up. He had always idolized the rulers of Narnia. 

"We need to get ready for it—" 

"To start planning for—" 

Caspian and Peter looked at each other, having spoken at the same time. 

"This can't be good." Amara whispered to Susan. 

Amara and Peyton were surprised by their father's mistrust in Aslan. From the stories they'd heard, Peter always believed in Aslan. 

Of course, they couldn't remember his nature properly considering he'd left when they were around 3 years old, but they in their distinct memory they remembered him playing with them while telling them stories of Aslan. 

Back to the Royals, they narrowed their eyes- Peter, specifically- in irritation. Caspian hoped Peter would let the prince tell his idea, but to no avail. After a few seconds of a staring contest between them, Caspian finally nodded and stepped back, his gaze falling to the floor. 

Amara couldn't help but frown at Peter.

Though the High King's face remained unfazed, Alicia- who knew him better than anyone- could tell his was feeling smug. 

She didn't know how to feel about it. 

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us." Peter announced.

"No!" 

Everyone turned towards the High Queen in surprise- everyone but Susan, Edmund, Lucy and the twins, who looked quite pleased someone had stopped Peter. 

The Narnians sometimes forgot how loud Alicia's voice- and opinion- was. 

"It's mad, no one's ever taken that castle before!" she continued, staring straight at Peter. 

"There's always a first time." Peter stared back at her. 

Alicia scoffed quietly, disbelief coursing through her body. 

Was this the man who had won every battle on pure intelligence? The man who never agreed to do anything headfirst, but think about it before hand. 

It seemed as if there were a blindfold in front of his eyes, nothing but the desire to slaughter the Telmarines in his mind. 

"We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin nodded, siding with the King. A look of betrayal crossed Alicia's features, but she couldn't blame the dwarf- all he wanted was freedom, which he never had in his entire life. 

Not with Jadis, not with the Telmarines. 

"There is a reason—" Alicia began, but quickly sighed and cut herself off. "I'm sorry, I-I will support your decisions."