6- He's changed

"It may not be what you're used to but... it's defensible." Caspian stated as he and the Pevensies walked into Aslan's How. Peter and Edmund sent him grateful looks. 

"They've been anxiously waiting for your return." Amara called out as she and Lucy wandered around the huge room. 

"Peter!" Susan suddenly exclaimed from the other side. "You might want to see this." 

Peter and Edmund followed their sister, and Peyton, Lucy and Amara followed. Alicia and Caspian made their way behind them and Alicia- who saw Caspian's lingering look on Amara- nudged him. 

"You're not quite subtle, are you?" she teased, making a pink blush creep up the prince's neck. He shot her a look, but Alicia merely smirked. As they entered the tunnel, Peter grabbed one of the torches on the walls. 

"Read the walls." Alicia said softly. When Peter gave her a confused look, she merely nodded at the wall near him. 

Bringing the torch closer, he could see the drawings on the walls. Susan and Lucy looked around, spotting pictures of the youngest Pevensie with Aslan, and Susan saw one of Mr. Tumnus and Lucy near a lamp post- the day they became friends. They gazed at the drawing of their coronation, though one thing (I'VE TRIED PLAYING IT COOL BUT GIRL WHEN I'M LOOKING AT YOU-) stuck out. 

"They aren't in the correct order." Peter noted. He was right- the thrones of the Kings and Queens weren't in the right order as they were supposed to be. The four siblings and two children looked around in awe, absorbing it all in. 

"It's us." Susan spoke quietly. Alicia smiled as she and Amara held their hands out. A fire sprouted from their fingertips and they hovered their hands over the illustrations. 

"It's our story." Alicia continued, stopping at the pictures of her and Peter's wedding and the day they left for the search for the White Stag. "All of it." 

"What is this place?" Lucy questioned, looking at Alicia and Caspian. The Telmarine Prince looked surprised as his eyebrows knitted together in a frown. 

"You don't know?" he asked. 

Blank stares greeted his question. 

He took a torch off of the wall and walked down the dim hallway. At the end, he lit a fire and it spread around theroom, revealing carvings of Narnians and Aslan.

And the cracked Stone Table. 

Lucy slowly walked towards the site where Aslan was killed. Her fingertips gently brushed along the surface before she pulled her hand away, her mind swarming with memories from that night.

"He knows what he's doing." she spoke softly, almost as if she was talking to herself. Owing to the fact that it was dead silent in the room, everyone heard her. Soft smiles erupted on Edmund, Susan, Alicia and the twins faces, but the eldest Pevensie had different views.

"I think it's up to us now." he retorted, making Alicia raise her eyebrows. 

"What makes you think you can do this without him?" she questioned Peter. He turned around, surprised. 

Alicia was unbothered. 

"If he truly did want to help us, he would've shown us where he was by now." he said back. Alicia frowned. 

This wasn't the Peter she was used to having talks at night when she couldn't sleep. This wasn't the Peter who always looked onto the bright side of things. This wasn't the Peter who always seemed to have a rational solution for a problem. This wasn't the Peter who would give his life in a heartbeat if it meant saving his family. This wasn't the cheerful and optimistic Peter who was named as the Magnificent.