Chapter 9

I am so sorry for the major delay.

People, this story main focus is not on pairings, however you readers can interpret these relationships however you would like. It can be a platonic or romantic pairing. However for now no pairings. (As they are underage). Thank you for understanding!

Warning: mentions of rape and suicide. I have not been in a position of someone who has the thought process of a self-harmed person, and I sincerely apologise if it does not match- please dm me if I do have anything wrong. 

...

He could feel the blood dripping down his face and all his energy dropped like a sack of bricks. He vaguely remembered the clouds rumbling and the hard prick of water hit him, but he didn't care about that. He could only care about the fact his brother lay still, cold and dead to the world. 

He had won.

Avenged his mother and father, and everyone else he held dear to him before it got ... ripped away by that monster. 

He had won. 

All that time, cutting bonds, killing people, betraying his village to Orochimaru was all worth it. Nothing could ever satisfy the feeling of pure revenge. 

Power. 

He had wo-

A scream of terror filled the air as Sasuke jolted from his bed. The too vivid memories had him breathing heavily, his face clammy with sweat, and his hands going white from clenching the bed sheets. 

Everything was white, and the only thing heard was the silent beeping monitor beside him as it started to speed up from his heart rate. He felt vulnerable, more so than ever before. He would always hate himself to feeling that satisfaction, no matter how much he tried to stop it. 

The door slammed opened in alarm, and Sasuke's head snapped up to the direction. His brother, father, mother all flooded in, and Sasuke panicked. One side... detested his family, he could never have the same relations with them again, only a mirage of what could've been. But the other side... it rejoiced, it lived in the feeling of happiness, even if only for a quick moment. 

He didn't have time to think as warm arms wrapped around his body. But from the hard ANBU plate leaning against his ear, and the steady thump of the calm chakra that he would never forget,  he could only melt into it. When cold air  whipped into unguarded skin, Sasuke in a cry grabbed onto Itachi's sleeve, he just wanted a little more time with his older brother. 

And he'd be damned if he just let this golden opportunity pass by.

"No matter what you do from here on out, know this..."

Sasuke's eyes were wide as Itachi touched his forehead with his own, a gentle smile on his face which he had always reserved for his little brother only.

"... I will love you always."

Sasuke would never, ever  let Itachi suffer again. 

He wobbled as fell off his hospital bed, unbalanced and feeling exposed. He stumbled after Itachi, but then the feeling hit him like a crash of waves. The Uchiha Clan. The coup. A civil war. 

His mind was in a jolt, unintentionally activating the Mangekyo ignoring the gasps of the civilian nurses. He turned his back to the shouts of his worried family, diverting his eyes from Itachi. He couldn't ever let him see the guilt that tore him from the inside - that killed him.