Chapter 3

"No please!!! You don't understand! I have to see Sasuke! Now!! I have to see Sasuke Uchiha, and I know he's in that room! Please, just five minutes... That's all I need!!"

Itachi Uchiha stared bewildered at the Kyuubi jailor, giving his hysterical cries that he needed to see his otouto now. Itachi just didn't know. He really didn't know. After his family witnessed Sasuke with a fully matured Sharingan and Mangekyo, with a second attempt to kill himself, Itachi Uchiha didn't know what to do. Where had he gone wrong? Did he really miss his otouto's signs of silent helps? In the end, it didn't matter. The door slammed opened, and taking that chance Naruto sped into the room. Fugaku and Mikoto heard the commotion, and were in a similar state to Itachi wondering where they had gone wrong. Itachi tried to grab Naruto's hand, pleading him to know that Sasuke was in no condition to meet anybody right now, but his hand only slipped through. His brain was working overdrive, fearing the worst as his mouth couldn't fumble to find any sort of words.

Sasuke slammed open the door, after hearing the cries of his all brother but blood was just too familiar to him. Even in this tsukiyomi, he just couldn't ignore him. He so desperately needed someone, and Naruto was just someone he couldn't forget. His best friend. His rival. His brother.

"Sasuke.
What is the essence of a shinobi?
A shinobi must endure. That is the essence of a shinobi.
Sasuke... this isn't a tsukiyomi."

Sasuke's head snapped up, his eyes narrowed. How does he, this fake, know the Fourth Shinobi War code?

"Shut up! Your fake! Obito and Madara created this illusion! Nothing. Nothing is real!! DON'T FUCK WITH ME!"

A loud crack interrupted his ranting. All he could feel was the painful sting on his cheek, and saw Naruto's bloodied fist.

"SASUKE! YOU TEME! KURAMA PREVENTS THIS FROM BEING A TSUKIYOMI! HE'S CONTACTED HIS SIBLINGS, AND WE'VE CONFIRMED THIS! SAKURA HAS CONFIRMED THIS! THE CHAKRA IN THE PENDANT HAS CONFIRMED THIS!"
He pointed at Sasuke's mother, father, and brother. He put his hands on Sasuke's shoulder, ignoring everyone's looks of a mixture of pure bewilderment.
"Sasuke... listen to me. That's really Mikoto. That's really Fugaku. And... That's really Itachi, your brother."
Naruto's voice was just above a whisper, a very pained whisper, but all the occupants in the room could still clearly hear him.

"So you're telling me they're real? That this isn't fake? This isn't a fa-fake world?"

Silent tears slipped out of Naruto's eyes.
"Sasuke. Everyone, is alive. I-I just..."

A slight chuckle was heard.
"Dobe..."
A sickening crunch was heard. Naruto just stood there, not questioning anything as Sasuke kept punching him more, a silent conversation going on with their eyes. No one dared to say anything, tense that they were even witnessing this situation that seemed too personnel for them to even watch. It seemed it was too deep for them to even grasp for them to understand, pain after pain that was hardened in their eyes.

"NARUTO! You idiot! You, you promised you weren't going to leave me alone! I-I thought I deserved it, maybe that this is what karma was! It was so painful... That I was left alone again..."
Sasuke made no effort to soften his tears. His eyes spoke it all, as he hiccuped and sniffled his tears. In one last attempt he softly punched Naruto in the shoulder, and his legs seemed to give way. He leaned against Naruto, and Naruto only hugged back.
He gave him a soft smile, even though Sasuke couldn't see it.
"Teme... I know I don't go back on my word, but my body moved on it's own. I didn't think... it just happened. Once I saw that bijuudama, I couldn't help with the last of my chakra but save you. I'm sorry... forgive me?"

Sasuke pushed off Naruto, giving him a heated glare.
"NO!! Stop forgiving me! All you do is forgive, forgive! Hold a grudge once in your life! I-I did so many despicable things to you! Don't you understand?! I put a fucking chidori, chidori through you!!! I'm so thankful for once that your tenant is in you. If he wasn't, you would have died!
Hold a grudge, hate me for once!! I don't... deserve anything... Naruto."

This raised alarms in everyone. How did they have knowledge of the Kyuubi? And when had Sasuke...
put a chidori through Naruto?

"Sasuke. Look at me. All that matters now is that we have a new chance. Enjoy your childhood. Spend time with your family. Sakura and I will catch up with you after, ok? Just relax , and know we're both really sorry for leaving you alone."

Before Naruto shunshined away, Sasuke's heart twisted.
"Naruto! Don't go- "

"Sasuke."

One word was all it took. It held familiarity, all the hardships they faced together. One word.
Naruto smiled, giving him a grin that no other could match. It was the same grin he gave as he died. The same grin he gave when he knew he was dying... for me.

Naruto and Sasuke bumped fists, and everything was calm. A whole conversation was spoken. No words.
A true shinobi.

Naruto was out the window, leaving an exhausted, but calm Sasuke.