Chapter 2

Itachi raced into the hospital room where his otouto was in. His parents were quickly following behind, asking Inoichi questions all the while with urgency laced in their voice.
Itachi reached out to grab Sasuke's sleeve, but Sasuke slapped his arm away, not daring to look at the face that would break his resolve to move on instantly. The motion caused the parents to cease their conversation, as though it was speared and killed. A tense silence pervaded as Sasuke felt three pairs of eyes on him - eyes that he refused to meet.

"Otouto..." Itachi finally called out. "Are you alright? Do you want your older brother to do anything? You had severe third-degree burns and unfortunately the necklace was bro-

Sasuke's eyes widened at the mention of the necklace. After noticing it wasn't usually around his neck, his head whipped around, startling the other occupants in the room.
"Where?!" he yelled, no longer caring to avoid eye contact.
"Where it is?! What did you do with the necklace?!"

Itachi hesitantly reached into his bag and pulled out an eccentric orange necklace, shaped in a fox.

Sasuke snatched it out of his hands, inspecting the damage. The chain was broken, but the pendant was still intact. He breathed a sigh of relief. Sasuke clutched the necklace, seemingly hugging the pendant, ignoring the confused looks everyone was giving him.

"Well, everything else was burnt to crisp, unfortunately..." Itachi said.

Sasuke blocked out his voice. Listening to an illusion wasn't something he needed to do. It was all too easy to simply block out the sounds once he made that revelation: everything was fake, everything was a copy, and this world wasn't real. The only thing he could cling onto was Naruto's pendant, Naruto's chakra, to signify their brothers bond. Nothing could ever brake it. It was his only comfort in this made-up world, the only thing he allowed himself to cling onto. It was the anchor that reminded him of his past and truth, acknowledging we were all brother but blood.

His grip on the necklace tightened, but he was gentle enough the delicate material would not brake again under the crushing weight of his hands. He had failed to kill himself to get out of this genjutsu, so he would obviously need to try a more permanent method. The yearn to remind him of his sins, so he can finally rest with his clan, or maybe where he belongs in Hell.

"Sasuke, you will be under Itachi's care for the next months."

Sasuke blinked. "What?"

The raven-haired boy snapped out of his thoughts and faced his stoic father. His father had a worrisome feature in his voice that was not undetected, but the same wrinkles, same lines was all too familiar to Sasuke.
" ... What did you say?" His voice's bitterness was masked with the incredulity he felt.

"I said you will be put under Itachi's care-" The stoic man was interrupted.

"NO!" Sasuke shouted, raw fury present in his tone and radiating from his trembling form. The other figures tensed as their eyes widened. Sasuke hissed at the man who dare had the face of his brother approaching him, offering him fake comfort and reassurance.
"I'm not going to be under Itachi's care! I'm not even supposed to be here! Stop LYING!"

Mikoto blinked her eyes in surprise and started to speak. "Sasuke? What do you mean by that?"
The Uchiha blinked his eyes a few times before narrowing them. He unleashed killer intent so bad, the others started to tremble.

"Don't act so familiar with me," Sasuke seethed. He vaguely registered his own eyes going red and the copies all gasped in surprise. "You don't know a thing, and I don't need to explain shit to you imposters. I don't belong here."

"Sasuke, wha-" He cut his own father off.

"Shut up and leave. There is nothing left for me here, nothing. " A bitter grin stretched across his face as he glared up at the ceiling.
"You expect me to believe this shit Obito and Madara?! You really think that you can trick me, Uchiha Sasuke, " he gestured angrily around the room with his hand, "with this?!" A cynical laugh escaped his lips as Sasuke finished his statement, his voice pitched with grief and exasperation.

"Well... I hate to disappoint," he turned to the others in the room, a sneer plastered on his face, "I'm not going to conform to your fucking illusion." Sasuke ignored the crushed looks of the imposters.
They're not real Sasuke. That's not father. That's not mother. That's not Itachi Uchiha, the one brother I will love forever, he thought silently.
This world is fake.

The Itachi-lookalike eyes narrowed as he slowly reached his pouch, his hands slowly - or what Sasuke thought it looked it looked like - reaching a kunai.
"Otouto, just what the hell is going on-"

"Shut up," Sasuke interrupted, his voice from pain and just above a whisper as his comrades deaths started to sink in.
"Spare me your sentimental nonsense and leave me alone already. Let me die. Let me fucking die already. " As his eyes spun into the blood-red Mangekyo he had gotten accustomed to, he gave a grim smile to the horrified looks of his imposter family. "Is that really that much to ask?"

Before his fake brother could stop him, he whispered one, quiet word. "Amaterasu."

He felt the Hell black flames engulf him, and let out a strangled cry as he felt his consciousness slipping away.

His final thought was a traitor amongst his wishes.

'I don't really want to die.'