Chapter 10

Hey y'all, I'm not dead lmao. Gods knows how I even posted this chapter. Sorry its short. 

CW: mentions of suicide, blood, SA, the usual.

Naruto's mind was hazy as he scrunched his eyebrows in poor recognition of bright cotton hair, thoughts delirious as he felt his blood sluggishly waft around him.

He could remember the way he was hit. Remembered the way he didn't... couldn't understand why he was suffering, why he was so forcefully shoved and twisted to the mans hands-- begging and crying didn't seem to faze him, it only seemed to rage on those eyes he had come to loathe. 

He remembered... the red light district, pain creeping up through every inch of his body- willing to do anything to make it go away, so excruciating he felt his ribs jolt in protest. And on the brink of starvation, he willingly allowed himself to trust (such a naive child, so blinded by false kindness and the temptation that somebody... finally, didn't reject him). 

(If he knew his own blood would splatter against the dull floorboards followed with moans and a face full of sadistic ecstasy, he would have never agreed.) 

"Being molested as a child has been the most confusing experience of his life. to learn sex without having any concept of it has messed him up in more ways than he's aware of. to feel an orgasm so young. to have his life threatened. to be stretched. bruised. bit. spit on. to become a victim at the age of nine. to know fear intimately. have it breathe down his neck. to be numb. stiff. silent. and own all the world's shame at once."

He could feel the nausea creeping up, dry heaving vomit and humiliation all at once. But his palm was clean. Until it wasn't. The blood, so red.. red..RED.. RED..RE-

...

Tears crept up across emerald eyes, her arm trailing across her red rimmed eyes. She felt so so stupid. She knew, knew, how goddamn Naruto was affected by those glares, and her heart was pierced with guilt so much as her green chakra encased her hands and starting healing Naruto. 

Sakura didn't want to admit, however she always knew Naruto hid a part of his childhood, but to this extent she did not. It was agonising, fixing up her  Hokage's wounds not even from enemies, but self inflicted. And by the stench of the blood that filled the air, it wasn't just few minorities. No, it was more, more of the pain on the inside than the outside. 

She dutifully made to add a soothing component to her medical healing, her heart letting go a bit when she saw Naruto's face release in relief, eyes closed as they dipped into unconsciousness. From the way she healed almost all his injuries, she realised Kurama must be more wounded than she thought because she knew Kurama cared more about his partner than ever. She knew, Kurama would never  let Naruto feel pain for even more than a conscious second, because that's how much she knew he cared for him. 

Her hands started to tremble, her calm facade close to breaking. She turned around and her viridescent orbs penetrated Sasuke's own blood red eyes, activated and spinning uncontrollably signalling her he was that close to breaking as well.

"Why? Why him?" Her own voice sounded distant, as if God was playing a sick joke on them and somehow took enjoyment at the way Naruto struggled, the only way the burden on his shoulders would alleviate was by death. She didn't expect an answer, nor did she want one, and Sasuke knew that too.

Seeing Naruto's face relaxed, eyebrows drooped and eyes closed with a single lone tear, she lifted her hand to his forehead before giving him a lull of her chakra, to give him the well deserved rest he needed.