Chapter 5

All of the kids started school back this week. All except for Amelia, Lizzie and Kathleen. It was going to be Mer's first day of school and she was scared.
"Don't be scared Mer Mer. You can make new friends."
"New friends? Like,.....your leaving me?"
"No mer. More friends! We won't leave." Mark said.
"Ohhh! Ok!"

"Kids! Come here!" Carolyn yelled.

The four oldest kids came down the stairs.
"Get your shoes and coats on. We are going shopping for school."

Meredith got her shoes on with the help of Nancy. Derek and Mark knew how.

They all gathered in the van and left.

"Oo! I want Doc Mcstuffins backpack!" Meredith exclaimed.
"I want Superman."
"I want Batman."

They finished they're shopping. With the help of the 5&6 year olds, Nancy and Carolyn sorted and packed the supplies.

With that, everyone ate, brushed there teeth and hair, said goodnight and went to bed.

———————————-
"Mer. Wake up. You have school. Mark, Derek. Come on." Nancy said.

The 3 kids got ready. Meredith and Nancy picked out an outfit. It was a blue and yellow flower dress, with a yellow button up sweater. Knee high white socks and black strap on flats. Everyone was waiting outside for the bus. Meredith was going to sit with Nancy while the boys sat together.

After a long bus ride, the kids were at school. Meredith was a little nervous, but excited to meet new friends.

"Hello Meredith. It's nice to meet you!" Mrs. Jacobs, Mer's teacher said.
"Hi!"
"Ok. You can hand me your bag and go in."

Meredith handed her bag over, so she could put it in her cubby.

"Hi. I'm Cristina. Who are you?"
"Hi! I'm Meredith."
"Cool. Maybe we can be friends."
"Ok!"

The school day went by fast. Meredith found out that her new friend lived beside her house. (Not Derek's house.)

Ellis POV
The school year has started back in Seattle. Hopefully Meredith is studying and acing her tests. She is already enough of a disappointment.

No ones POV
It's been a week since school started for the kids. Meredith had only made one friend. But she was ok. That was just one more person for her to play with.

———————————
Time jump. End of school.

Mer POV
School ended. Cristina can still come over a play with me though. I'm happy for summer. Derek, Mark, Cristina and me are bestest friends. Cristina is funny. She always makes fun of everyone. In a good way of course. But I'm going to grow up and be a doctor. And we will have a perfect life. Cristina said her daddy got in a car wreck last year. Maybe I can't make those stop too.

To be continued.......