Chapter 19

She was sitting, they were sitting, all waiting to be called back into the room. The room that would decide if they had to go to a trial or not.

It wasn't the most pleasant experience, sitting and waiting in the chair, just outside of the door that would determine everything.

If they didn't have enough evidence, which she had completely forgot about, they would go to trial. But, if they had enough, the situation would be dropped and Erica would be locked up.

Then, they would repeat it with Rose, who's name still is impossible to say for Meredith.

Now that they thought about it, this was nothing. Yes, Erica was a bully and a pretty bad one at that, but it was Rose who pulled the trigger and actually tried to kill her. Which was highly unexpected from the minion for the "Great Erica Hahn."

Rose's hearing would be more detailed and stressful. Not just for Mer, for everyone. If Rose doesn't get locked up like she deserves, that is a danger to everyone. Mainly Mer, but everyone.

"Meredith Grey."

Here we go.

They walked into the big room that some how managed to feel small.

"Breathe, Mer. And whatever you do, do not talk. No unless they ask you." Carolyn said.

Meredith nodded and sat next to her lawyer.

"I'm sure you know what to do, I think you're a smart kid." The lawyer, Maya Jennings, said.

"Yea. I do."

Deep breaths. That's what she was telling herself.

3 guards came in, 2 in the back, ahold of Erica Hahn's arms, and one in the front. She was wearing an orange prison jumpsuit. Mer wanted to feel bad. And in a way, she did. Erica looked guilty. She looked upset. She wasn't the one that pulled the trigger. She just was there.

Of course, she did kick her and bully her. But everything was foggy.

The hearing was about to start and Meredith couldn't help but tap her foot.

"It's ok Mer." Derek mouthed to her.

"Hello everyone, I'm sure you all know why we are here. Before we start, Meredith, raise your right hand and stand up, please."

Meredith did as told and held up her hand.

"Repeat after me. I solemnly, sincerely and truly,"

"I solemnly, sincerely and truly,"

"Declare and affirm,"

"That I will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

"You may sit down."

The judge began with Alex.

"What happened before the incident."

"Well, we were heading to English class, which is upstairs. All of us but Derek and Mark were there."

"Why weren't they there?"

"Different grades. Their classes are downstairs on the other side of the school."

"Thank you. When Erica Hahn, Rose Sylvester and Eliza Minick showed up, what was the first thing you witnessed?"

"It all happened quite fast,"

"Meredith!" Alex and Cristina yelled.
"Get away from her." George said.
"No." Rose exclaimed.

"I heard something fall and I turned around to see Meredith lying on the floor, Rose and Eliza holding her down. She looked like she hit her head."

"What did you do?"

"I wanted to run after them and hurt them. But that would make the situation worse and Rose had pulled out a gun."

She brought out a gun. Pointing it at Meredith.

"When Rose pulled out the gun, who did she point it to?"

"Meredith first. The to April and she asked us who wanted to get shot. It was all very fast and hard to comprehend."

"Thank you. April Kepner."

April went to the stand and took the oath.

She answered a few questions, and so did Cristina.

It kept getting smaller and smaller until it got to Mer.
"I'm going to start off by asking, are you content with your household?"

"Yea, why wouldn't I be?"

"From my understanding, your biological mother left you, is that correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"What do you remember from the incident?"

"Umm. Well, it's very foggy. I blacked out when I hit the ground. But part of me could feel being kicked in the ribs. I couldn't hear anything but the shock that came from the bullet, woke me up. It was all a panic after that."

"I understand you had a hard recovery."

"Umm, yes. It kept getting worse. I still can't walk without help and Umm, I had to get a kidney removed from infection."

She was starting to cry.

"Do you need a Kleenex, Ms. Grey?"

"No, no I'm fine."

"How is your PTSD?"

"Uh- um. S-stairs a-and g..guns, uh..."

Her mind went into a haze.

Guns. Stairs. Blood.
Guns. Stairs. Blood.
Guns. Stairs. Blood.

"Are you ok, Meredith?" Maya asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Sorry."

"That's ok.

"Moving on, Erica. Stand up, hold up your right hand."

Erica did as told and took the same oath.

"What did you and Rose have against Meredith?"

"She was someone I bullied. And yes, I do regret that. Now, I know more about her. Rose pulling out the gun was unexpected. But I didn't want to get shot. I never thought she would shoot someone."

"Ok, well. How do you plea?"

"I am guilty, but not of the shooting."

"That's all I need to hear. This case is closed. Erica, you will be in juvenile detention for 30 months, Meredith, good luck."

As everyone cleared out, Derek helped Mer outside of the room, where she fell to the ground.

"Oh my god." She whispered.

"Hey, you did it." April said.

"Yea. But Rose. But, oh my god. I'm- thank you. All of you. And, I'm sorry that you guys were burdened by me but thank you. Thank you so much. Just- omg."

"You're welcome Mer, and we would do it again." Nancy said.

"Yeah.."

She started sobbing.

It was a mix of happiness, relief, sadness, scared, anxiety, and even depression.

But she was ok.