Chapter 26

First period.

Mer was very shaky and her anxiety was through the roof. Sure, her ptsd and anxiety had gotten better at home, but this place.. it brought back memories she never wanted to remember.

She walked to her locker quickly, trying to avoid the stares and whispers and the constant gifts.

There was a mural with flowers that fellow students had made.. to post '#prayingforyou' on Instagram.

She got to her locker, her group of friends around her. Normally, she would feel clustered and bothered, but right now, she needed it.

She opened her locker to find her backpack that had collected dust. She grabbed it, taking a deep breath. That's when she saw it, the blood stain on the back of it, the part that would be against her body.

Her breathing quickened, her raised anxiety not helping. It was like she was on edge today. Who wouldn't be?"

"Hey," Cristina said as she slowly pried the backpack from her frozen, shaking friend. She grimaced at the stain of her friends blood before opening and taking the contents out. Her backpack was waterproof..or blood proof, so nothing got ruined.

Derek whispered to Mark, "I thought you put it in there, how did you not see that?"

"I told the officer her locker number and combination, I didn't see it." He whispered back.

Derek nodded.

Mer quickly grabbed the books and her stack of missing work before taking a deep breath.

"I can do this." She whispered, more to herself than anything.

"Yes you can." Jackson reassured.

"Let's go." She said.

They got to the door of home room.
"We have to go. Stay safe. I love you." Derek said and kissed her. Followed by Derek who gave her a brotherly hug.

Amelia had already gone to class, and Jackson, April and Izzy had gone to first period.

Mer say down, George, Alex and Cristina sitting down as well.

They still had 40 minutes before class started and it was filled with questions and gifts. Mer already having teddy bears, candles, cards, she even got a damn goldfish.

One question in particular got to her.

"Did it hurt?" A boy asked. His hair looked scruffy, like he tried to hard, and he had a hat on.

"What kind of dumbass question is that?!" Alex yelled.

"I'm just curious." The boy rebounded.

"Just shut up and turn around." Cristina said and flicked the back of his head.

The teacher came in and accidentally slammed the door.

Mer jumped and her breath hitched after a scream escaped her mouth.

She quickly covered her mouth and chest with her hands, trying to calm down.

"Whoever decided to scream in my class can take a trip to the office." The teacher said, not knowing it was Meredith. No one knew she was coming today.

"Sorry. Sorry." Meredith said.

"Omg I am so sorry. You don't have to be. Are you ok? Omg! Did I accidentally scare you?" The teacher asked.

"Yea. But I'm ok. Just being stupid." She sighed.

"If you need anything, just let me know."

Mer nodded.

After class, everyone was leaving with hugs, her friends stayed outside of the door.

"Oh Meredith!" The teacher said.

"Yea?" She turned.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?"

"Better. Still pretty anxious."

"I'm sorry. Oh dear, how are you carrying all of that?"

"I don't know." Mer chuckled.

"Well here. I made sure all of the teachers gave you a's so these don't need to be worried about." She said as she took the 4inch stack of papers.

"Thank you." Mer grinned.

"Of course. I have a tote bag you can use if you'd like?"

"Yes please."

The teacher grabbed the bag and helped Mer put her stuff together.

"Have a good day, Meredith."

"You too."

-
Second period.

The problem was, second period was math. Math was upstairs. Up. Stairs.

"I can't." Mer breathed as they stood outside of the doors that stood before the staircase.

The only other way to get up there was the elevator and they needed an adult for that.

"Yes you can. You'll be fine." George said soothingly.

"O-ok" she sighed.

They walked into the stair room and Mer's breath became way too fast. Her heart beating out of her chest. She could pass out if she doesn't calm down.

"I- I. I can't- I can't do it- no." She breathed and backed into a corner. She slid down the wall and kept gasping, sobbing.

You could see where the tiles didn't match. Some being brand new and others being old. Stained white and pure white. Replacing the blood stained ones.

Mer couldn't remember all that happened that day. It's been proven that people with ptsd or people who have experienced traumatic events, tend to block out parts of their tragedy.

Mer was already passed out for a lot of it.

As her friends tried to calm her down, the door opened. It was Mr. Harvey, their janitor.

"Oh you poor kids. Why don't you take the elevator instead? I have the keys."

They looked at him thankfully. They always like that janitor.

Alex picked Mer up and held her, her only being about 93 pounds, and calmed her down.

She was fine by the time she got in the elevator.

Now, they just had to get through the rest of the day.

Three stories today? Let's go baby! I'm on a roll! Xoxo