Chapter 24

Laughter. Laughter was all you could here when you walked into The Shack. They were playing games, watching movies, talking. It was great. Until Jackson accidentally slammed the door, causing Mer's eyes to expand and her skinny frame to shake. Though, she was trying to hide it.

"Shit. Sorry, Mer." He said as he hugged her.

"I-it's ok. J-just scared me."

The laughter returned and Derek held Mer close to him. Her therapy had been going well, she can walk on her own, still a little slow and unstable, but good. She needs help to step up on things, and still is scared of stairs.

Carolyn was debating on letting Mer go to therapy. She hadn't asked, but it would help her, a lot.

Of course, she could talk to Kath, but she figured that she would be better off talking to a stranger than her sister.

"Right hand, red." Cristina said.

They were playing twister and April, Izzy, Alex and George were all tangled into each other.

"April! Your gonna fall!" Meredith laughed.

"No no! I've got this. I'm a Kepner!"
April did a back bend to get her hand on the dot, successfully. Although, Alex fell, causing Izzy to fall.

"Hey!" Alex laughed out.

"Left foot in the air!"

George fell over and we all began laughing.

"What next?" Amelia asked.

"Maybe we should play something Mer can play." Mark suggested.

"What about monopoly, Mer?" Derek asked.

"Sure. I'll get it. I need to walk today anyways."

"Ok. Be careful." Cristina said.

"I will mom."

"Ew!" She yelled since Mer was already out of the room.

They were waiting and talking when the heard a loud sound of items falling and someone's small and short yelp.

"Oh god." They ran out to see what happened and Derek saw Mer crying with her head turned away. The pile of board games on top of her, luckily sealed shut so nothing spilled.

"Mer, are you hurt? What happened?" Derek asked her.

She turned around to reveal her laughing fit.

"Ha y-you sh-should see th-the look on y-your face." She died laughing.

"What?" Alex asked, confusion displayed on his features.

"I was reaching for monopoly when all of the other fell." She giggled, causing everyone else to giggle.

They were all so happy to hear that. Relieved to hear she was ok. But also happy to hear the laugh that they hadn't heard in forever.

Her laughter was replaced with the word 'ouch' when she payed attention to the mess and pain searing through her back.

"Help me up?" She grinned.

They helped her up and she walked to the living room, only gripping onto the wall for support every now and then.

She made it to the couch, out of breath.

"You ok?" Amelia asked.

"Yea..yea, just out of breath." She huffed.

"Ok. Let's play now."

Sorry it's so short. I've had a long day.