Ice cream with the prince

(Madilyn's POV)
I sat on my bed watching TV when I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see Ben and I smiled at him.
"Do you uh wanna go get ice cream now?" He asked nervously
"Yeah I'd love to!" I said as he moved out of the way so I could leave closing the door behind me. Ben and I walked down the corridor talking about who knows what. We went to the ice cream shop and I looked at all the flavours.
"Woah" I said in shock and he just smiled at me. "How do you pick?" I asked looking at all the delicious flavours.
"I recommend Raspberry Cheesecake" He said and I looked at him then back at the Ice cream.
"Ok you know what's best soon to be king" I laughed
"Two raspberry cheesecake cups" Ben said to the worker and I smiled. The worker scooped up the ice cream plopping two scoops into each cup. Ben payed for the ice cream and handed me one cup and I smiled.
"Let's go get a seat" he said before I followed him to the outside seating.
"This place is beautiful" I said looking out at the skylight
"Yeah I guess so" he said taking a bite of his ice cream
"We don't really get a lot of sun light on the Isle" I said looking back at him with a bit of sadness.
"I didn't know it was that bad over there" Ben said looking at me. I looked up and just smiled
"Yeah but we manage" I said smiling at him I took a bite of my ice cream and then just looked back at it in surprise.
"You like it?" Ben asked
"Like it? I more then like it! I double like it!!" I said before taking another bite and Ben just laughed.
"Well I'm glad you double like it" Ben said taking a bite of his.
"You've probably seen it all huh?" I asked him
"What?" Ben asked
"You know fancy raspberry cheesecake ice cream, beautiful sky lights etc" I said with a small smile
"Yeah I guess I have" He said with an almost sad tone
"So" I said trying to snap out of the mood "um tell me something about your kingly duties" I said trying to avoid the tension
"Are you really interested in that or do you just want to avoid tension?" Ben asked
"How did you know?" I said smiling he smiled back. We finished our ice cream and the sun was starting to set
"We should probably head back" Ben said
We both got up throwing our cups away and headed back to Auradon Prep. Ben walked me down the corridor and stopped at my room.
"Well I'll see you tomorrow" I said heading into my room and closing my door. I heard someone talking from a couple rooms over. It sounded like Ben was talking to Mal but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I sighed and went back to my bed before changing into pajamas and watching some more Tv.