Chapter 6: The three of us

A/N: This is a story I want to knock out as quickly as possible so that I can focus on both Ragnarök and Traveler Part II, so I'm gonna be working on this story more than the other two just so I can knock it out faster. Anyway, this chapter has smutty times with Hiccup, Astrid, and Valka. Just a heads up.

(Normal pov)

A delicious aroma filled Astrid's nose as she finally awoke from quite possibly the best night's sleep she's ever had in her life. Hiccup was absent from their bed, yet judging by the smell of food downstairs, her husband was preparing their morning meal. Throwing the thick furs off her naked body, Astrid approached the water basin in the room and quickly washed off the scent of sweat and sex that clung to her, though she knew that sooner or later she and Hiccup would be in bed again soon enough, maybe even with Valka. After washing and drying off, Astrid threw on Hiccup's old green tunic which fit her perfectly, and made her way downstairs and found Hiccup setting up plates of food on the table and then making his way over towards the fire and taking the poker in his hand; rolling smoldering logs over and hearing the fire in the pit crackle and roar lightly. The sound of Astrid descending down the stairs caused Hiccup to turn around and look at his wife with a smile that made pleasant warmth pool in Astrid's belly.

"Good morning, Milady," Hiccup approached his wife and held a hand out for her, which she took while smiling at his playful yet happy tone. "How'd you sleep?" He inquired while pulling her into his arms.

Merely savoring his warmth and his scent, Astrid soon broke the embrace and pecked his lips. "I slept soundly because I had my husband by my side," she then gestured to the food on the table. "And what's all this?"

"This is our first-morning meal as a married couple," Hiccup stated. "Can't I be a good husband and treat his wife with cooking her a meal?"

"Of course, babe," Astrid rolled her eyes while smiling warmly, she then clarified. "I meant what are we eating this morning."

"Ah. Well, we're having eggs, sausage strips, diced potatoes, apple slices, and... pieces of our wedding cake if you want something sweet as well," Hiccup then shrugged. "Nothing too special, but I just wanted to prepare something fast, because, after last night, I'm starving."

"You and I both, babe," Astrid then sat down at the table. "C'mon, let's eat." Smiling at his wife, Hiccup nodded and the two dug into the food before them.

Time seemed to pass by as their once full plates of food were now devoid of anything, save for a few scraps of what they had eaten. Now, the young couple were just talking and basking in the fact that they finally solidified their relationship after everything that they've been through together. Hiccup himself never imagined his life taking this turn, he believed that the gods hated him and that he was fated to be nothing more than the Hairy Hooligans scapegoat, a means of pouring out their frustrations, anger, and hatred on him. That was the case long ago, but thankfully the gods had a different fate in mind for Hiccup; bonding with Toothless, helping his people see the truth about dragons, ending a three-century war between Vikings and dragons, exploring the great beyond, being betrothed to Astrid back at Dragon's Edge, losing his father because of Drago's ambitions, and dispatching the entirety of the Northern Alliance to the gates of Hel.

Not only that but also falling in love with Valka, his own mother.

He loved Astrid and Valka, they were the only two people in Midgard Hiccup knew that he could always rely on and he knew that these two women would never leave his side.

As Hiccup and Astrid were washing dishes, the blond noted the grin on her husband's face and even heard him snickering to himself. She then playfully slapped his backside, causing him to yelp lightly and turn to his wife with a surprised, yet questioning look.