Chapter 7: New thrill

A/N: Again, I want to knock this story out so I focus on both Ragnarök and Traveler Part II. By the way, this chapter contains smut between Astrid and Valka.

(Normal pov)

"Three, two, one! Heave!"

Grunts of effort filled the air as Hiccup and many of Berk's men had spent half their morning lifting timber to those adding final touches to their homes and establishments when Drago and his Bewilderbeast attacked. At last, with Berk living to see another year, the Hairy Hooligans could now live in peace and not worry about any foreign threat waiting to lash out at them.

Hiccup stepped away for a moment and unclipped a skin of water from his side and took a drink while watching his people up and about. A nudge from behind caused the young chief to turn around and lay eyes on Toothless, giving him a begging look. "What? We already went out for an early morning flight," the chief of Berk scratched under the Night Fury's chin and smirked in amusement as Toothless' eyes rolled back and he stuck his tongue out, that was one of his favorite spots to be scratched. "Do you just want some affection, hmm? Is that all you want, you spoiled reptile?" The Night Fury's groan of contentment caused Hiccup to laugh and he continued to shower his dragon with affection.

"Looks like the King of Dragons is enjoying himself, eh?"

Turning around, Hiccup looked at Gobber and nodded. "Tell me something I don't know," he then gave his old mentor a questioning look. "Something wrong?"

"Those knucklehead twins set a fire in Sven's barn, causing his livestock to scatter."

"Oh, gods," Hiccup groaned to himself in annoyance. "Sometimes I wish I can beat some sense into Ruffnut and Tuffnut."

"Don't we all," Gobber chuckled in agreement. "Luckily, we put the fire out before it could destroy Sven's barn entirely, but we can use a hand getting his livestock."

Ceasing his affectionate actions, Hiccup climbed on top of Toothless and patted the Night Fury's neck. "Alright bud, let's round-up some livestock," he then looked to Gobber. "Take some men and ensure Sven's barn is fortified, the fire no doubt weakened the structure. I'd rather not wait for the structure to collapse with all of Sven's livestock inside."

"You got it, chief!"

As Toothless took to the sky, Hiccup steered the Night Fury in the direction of Sven's barn while also keeping an eye out for any of the livestock that scattered. Knowing that this would take longer with just the two of them, Toothless unleashed a thunderous roar that all could hear, the roar commanded all dragons to search for runaway livestock and bring them to the King of Dragons.

"Oi! Hiccup!"

Turning around, the young chief laid eyes on his cousin, Snotlout, as well as Fishlegs, both men riding their respective dragons. Once the two men flew beside their chief, Hiccup nodded to them in greetings before telling them of what he was doing.

"Urgh! Why do those two have to be such muttonheads!"

"May I remind you that one of those muttonheads is someone you're pursuing," Hiccup stated while rolling his eyes. "Do you or do you not like Ruffnut?"

"I mean, yeah! I do like her, but she's still a muttonhead!" Giggling filled Hiccup and Snotlout's ears, causing the cousins to look to Fishlegs who was stifling laughter. "And what're you giggling about, fish face?" Snotlout questioned.

Fishlegs continued to giggle and then shrugged. "Nothing, I just think you and Ruffnut would make a pretty chaotic couple," he then continued. "May the gods protect us should you two do become paired up." Hiccup laughed at Fishleg's words, causing Snotlout to give both his cousin and chief a stern look.