Chapter 10: Hapiness

A/N: Alright, for the sake of time and because I still want to devote time to Ragnarök and Traveler Part II, this is the final chapter of this story. I might end up doing a Rtte story pairing Hiccup, Astrid, and Heather in the future, just let me know if that's something you'd like to see. Anyway, onwards to the final chapter!

(Hiccup's pov— Isle of Berk)

All my life, I've been in the pursuit of happiness, the beginning of my saga is full of pain, rejection, and scorn, but thankfully the gods blessed me with so much; meeting and forging an unbreakable bond with Toothless, gaining the respect and acceptance of both my father and my people, I turned all of Scandinavia upside down by showing the Viking people the true nature of dragons and thus ending a three century-long war between our two respective species. And finally, the gods blessed me with my wife, Astrid who has given birth to two heirs who will succeed me in time, a girl and a boy— Zephyr and Nuffink Haddock, both of whom are spitting images of both myself and Astrid. My mother Valka had also given birth to a son, Axel Haddock. Of course, my mother's birth to both my brother and son was suspicious to many, but Gothi made it known that this birth was a miracle from the gods, and none would dare question the gods.

Who would've thought that my life would get to this point. I was in pursuit of happiness all my life, and the gods have given me happiness.

"Chief Hiccup?"

A gruff, yet firm voice broke me out of my thoughts, I turned to my right and laid eyes on Chief Sigurd of the Tree Root tribe, he, as well as every Viking ruler who rallied by my side to destroy the Northern Alliance, were all gathered in my Great Hall, feasting, and celebrating the fact that we Vikings came together as one to ensure that our people and way of life are preserved for the generations to come after us.

"Apologies, Chief Sigurd, I was just lost in my thoughts," I confessed while taking a sip of ale from my mug and then turning back to my ally. "Were you saying something?"

Sigurd chuckled and shook his head. "Nothing of importance," he then gave me a questioning look. "So, I hear Berk has discovered a new species of dragon which supposedly blesses you with a longer lifespan?"

"The Foreverwing," I confirm. "We had found one in the mainland that was under threat from one of the last factions of Dragon Hunters. It was pretty injured and we brought the giant back to Berk, nursed it back to health, and in return for our kindness, this gentle giant blessed us with longer lifespans. By how many years, I don't know, but I do know that our more seasoned Vikings who should've laid down with their fathers yet live, perhaps for a few more years."

"Remarkable, and have you had time to consider what you will do with your long life?" He then added. "Will you lead your people to go out raiding? Explore new lands? Or live out the remainder of your days in peace?"

Sigurd's question was one Hiccup had thought of the moment he was blessed with a longer life by the Foreverwing, but he knew that whatever he did for the remainder of his days in Midgard, he wanted his family by his side. "I know not," he confessed. "But as long as I have my family by my side, I know the years will be full of joy. Besides, I believe my saga and fame are firmly secured; I ended a three-century long war between Vikings and dragons, I was able to show our people that some traditions can be broken to make our way of life easier and more thrilling, and I destroyed the Northern Alliance with all of Scandinavia and its Viking people by my side."

"Aye, I suppose your saga is firmly secured," Sigurd agreed before rising from his seat and patting me on the back. "But why stop there, eh?" He then laughed before joining the sea of Viking's mingling in my hall.

Smiling at the sight, I watched as my fellow Hairy Hooligans celebrated with my honored guests; Snotlout was arm wrestling the strongest men his age and for every time he won, he would earn a pouch of gold. Fishlegs was discussing the various dragon species we laid eyes upon to those who haven't seen dragons or were otherwise oblivious of their existence. The twins too participated in a game with our guests that would win them gold or silver, and that was drinking as much ale from curved horns. Eret was speaking with two attractive Sami women who had taken a liking to the form Dragon Trapper, the sight caused me to smile, I see Eret as an older brother, and I truly want him to be happy after all he had to endure while under Drago's yoke.