Chapter One- Admission

(Y/n)'s POV

Today's the big day.

Just kidding. It's irrelevant.

The alarm weaves itself into my subconscious, slowly dragging my unwilling self back to reality. At last, I slap it repeatedly until its blaring self shuts up.

The beginning of my day of social interaction.

I'll try to contain my excitement. 

My first step is the same as every day: caffeine. There was no hope for this mission without it. 

I have no idea how people lived without it.

The large, obnoxious gate looms down onto the hopeful degenerates. The remaining coffee burned down my throat and a frown pulled at the corner of my lips.

It was then that I gave myself a new, short-term mission: avoid as many people as possible.

The sidelines seemed comfy enough.

A spiky-haired blonde scowls at everyone and sizes up the competition. Who was he looking at? I turn around, looking over the same people with blatant disappointment.

My mistake.

Our eyes meet as I study his glare, and for some god-forsaken reason, he decides to storm up to me. "What the fuck are you looking at?"

That kid was itching for a fight the moment he stepped foot on the grounds... interesting. 

I step away only to feel a hand latch onto my arm. "ANSWER ME."

"I was looking at a pathetic dipshit who needs to scowl at everybody to get an ounce of self-worth," I snap, ripping my hand from his grip and giving him a cold glare. "Touch me again and I'll rip your hand off."

A few other kids freeze to watch the potential fight and a green-haired kid flat-out gapes in our direction.

So much for not causing a scene.

The imbecile mutters a dark "whatever" and his footsteps seem to shake the earth as he disappears into the crowd.

Soon, the test begins.

Robots– they want us to fight robots.

Chaos roars as the kids take down their tin-canned adversaries with some slightly impressive quirks. It seems I might as well join them. With a blank expression, I drain the energy from some and use it to blast holes through others. Their metal corpses thump to the ground and a smile slowly grows on my lips.

How fun. 

The ground rumbles and a 0-pointer erupts from the earth. Its height challenges that of the city buildings and it looks just as vicious as its smaller, less intimidating friends. Some run in fear while others leave to search for more points.

An awed interest gnaws at my senses as the beast takes a condemning step. Pleas arise from the debris, desperate and like a sick song over the roar of the battle. After getting a bit closer, a small brunette comes into view and struggles under a bit of concrete.

Anticipation crawls over my skin, leaving goosebumps in its wake. One more step.

Then out of nowhere, I see the broccoli-haired kid jump into the air bellowing what I hope isn't his new catchphrase: "SMASH!!!!" 

What a stupid thing to say. 

Wind soars with a vengeance, swiping my feet from under me. I stare up, assessing the first actual threat I've come into contact with since I started scouting out the future heroes.